Pro-Connect : No Power

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Hi Guys

I picked up my bike last friday with my wife (great service btw:)), and we went out for a very very gentle ride around the parks on the Sunday (nice sunny day) with my wife having the child seat on hers. We probably did about 10 miles tops, 1 light gone on the battery.

Due to heavy week in work no time to play all week :(

Thursday night, bike takes pride of place in the living room, removed the battery, carefully adjusted the gear quick-fire, bell and power indicators so that they freely turned upside down and wouldnt get damaged with I flip the bike over.

Bike over - gosh its light - and proceeded to release the brakes slightly so that I could get the wheels off, change the inner tubes to sludge-prefilled schraders, change the 23T sprocket to an 18T sprocket, and shortened the chain by 2 links.

It all went tickety-boo (apart from my thumb and the circlip from hell - but thats another story).

However this morning the chain sounded a bit slack and there was no power!!

So I adjusted the rear wheel to further back in the slots, the chain tension seems absolutely perfect - sweet.

The battery says 4 lights when you press the button on it. Put it in the frame and switch on and the handlebar monitor says 2/3 lights and the mode is in Normal, everthing looks fine.

Just no power applied from the motor when pedaling!

Any ideas guys - over to you.

John

(PS - 2 Lloyd @ 50C - you cant take any more messages :))

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Thought I'd post a follow up to this in case anyone else does what I did (however unlikely :eek: )

REMEMBER : ALWAYS CHECK THE CHAIN IS ACTUALLY GOING AROUND THE MOTOR SPROCKET AFTER YOU HAVE REMOVED SOME LINKS!!! :p :p

(In my very weak defense, you cant see the motor sprocket, its completely hidden by the chain guard)

Thanks very much Lloyd :)

John

Advertisers