Pro Connect Power Lights

Lordylordy

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Wimbledon. London
Still having the time of my life on my new Pro Connect, but have had a small problem a couple of times when trying to turn on the power (while pedalling).

For instance, this morning I was trying to struggle up Wimbledon Hill unassisted, but finally had to admit defeat and switch to electric power (assist).

When I pressed the power button...nothing, as I started to come to a halt on the hill. :eek:

I tried again and this time the 3 power lights flashed, then the 3 mode lights flashed. This repeated itself for a few seconds, until I started to roll backwards. :eek:

I walked the bike up the hill and the problem then seemed to resolve itself.

Has anyone else suffered this, or am I doing something I shouldn't be doing? (The battery was on full power at the time.)

Thanks for any assistance...

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
You need to make sure you are not pedalling at all when you switch the power on. Something odd happens if you do and the system gets confused and goes to low power eco-mode. I expect this is what happened to you. I think there is something in the instructions about it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Agreed, you have to stop pedallng before you press the On button and then wait for the diagnostic lights to reset to normal, it's about two seconds.

Otherwise, starting during that diagnostic mode confuses the software which has no base to work from.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Still having the time of my life on my new Pro Connect, but have had a small problem a couple of times when trying to turn on the power (while pedalling).

For instance, this morning I was trying to struggle up Wimbledon Hill unassisted, but finally had to admit defeat and switch to electric power (assist).

When I pressed the power button...nothing, as I started to come to a halt on the hill. :eek:

I tried again and this time the 3 power lights flashed, then the 3 mode lights flashed. This repeated itself for a few seconds, until I started to roll backwards. :eek:

Has anyone else suffered this, or am I doing something I shouldn't be doing? (The battery was on full power at the time.)

Hi! Keep on posting all your incidents with the Pro C. please. They are very useful for people like me that have no chance of testing it and will make their choice just by info on this forum, mostly from Dr. Flecc.
Regards.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007

Nothing to worry about.. I had the same problem. The onboard computer needs a gap in pedaling to boot up. It's only a couple of seconds but can be a bit annoying when you are struggling up a steep hill and a pause sends you rolling backwards. But you get used to it and what i find is that I am now anticipating hills changes in terrain and cycling conditions and switching just before or after etc..

Lordylordy

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Wimbledon. London
Hi! Keep on posting all your incidents with the Pro C. please. They are very useful for people like me that have no chance of testing it and will make their choice just by info on this forum, mostly from Dr. Flecc.
Regards.
Please don't let my thread put you off Poppy - as you can see, I simply haven't read the manual, but after such a long wait...and I'm an impatient sod anyway. :D

I followed "Dr Flecc's" invaluable advice from Day 1 and really couldn't thank him more - you're in very safe hands there.

IMHO the Pro Connect is a fantastic bike, but most importantly in my case it is one that has managed to actually get me out of my car. And I'm loving every minute of it!!

Good luck Poppy, hope you find the perfect bike.

hivez

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2008
Bridgend South Wales
I agree

IMHO the Pro Connect is a fantastic bike, but most importantly in my case it is one that has managed to actually get me out of my car. And I'm loving every minute of it!!
I agree with LL I will do anything not to go in the car even rain don't stop me anymore. I actually enjoy going to work on the Pro Connect

Dave