Pro-Rider bikes.

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Has anyone any experience of these bikes?
http://www.proriderleisure.com/leisure/electric-bikes/e-tourer-electric-bike-red.html
It seems very similar to the Woosh Santana I bought over three years ago, for £625, yet this
is priced at £599. The firm looks very supportive. It may appeal to people without a lot of
money, who need transport. It has a proper centre stand and a suspension seatpost.
I've had a good read of the spec, and it all seems okay, but an owner's view would be
more help.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It's heavy at 22kg with very basic everything.
But it's dam cheap.
Not posh stylish the trendiest.
With no competition it would get mrs new biker to the shops and back with a big smile on her face. For not so much money..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Very old tech though, crude band brake on the rear wheel, horrible things scrapped from designs years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

4 mph max on the throttle, in case that's important. It's OK as a basic electric bike.

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
Hi! I have had a Pro Rider eWayfarer folding bike for around five years, and it's given no trouble at all. Amazingly I am still on the original (Phylion!) battery. Mind you, I have used it mostly on one dot of power whilst pedalling and have taken care never to 'jolt' the battery when starting: I always pedal away and let the battery cut in. And I always keep it charged properly. As it's an oldish bike, it has a full 15mph throttle. I quite like the styling of the bike too - I think it will be a future classic! LOL!

I did get some punctures early on, so replaced tyres with ASDA £12 Kevlar tyres and slime inner tubes - and not had a puncture for years!

Throttle Jockey Johnny

Last edited:

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
An older guy near me has this bike and I regularly see him around. He has full panniers and I have seen him towing a trailer. Speaking to him one day said he uses it daily and is best thing he has bought.

• Useful
Reactions: Chainring