Pro rider e-tourier pedal assist doesn’t work anymore

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Hi there,
I would need some advice again.
I had to change the inner part of the crank spindle as it was very loose and didn’t work
From this moment the pedal assist doesn’t work. Everything seems connected inside.
Anyone knows what could be happening?
Thanks very much

Belén

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
  • First, test it to see if it works backwards. if so, flip the magnet disc.
  • Next, check that the disc goes around with the pedals. Put a finger on it while you turn the pedals to check that it's gripping the spindle.
  • Next, check that the gap is an even 1mm. If it's more than that, wiggle the disc towards the sensor and adjust it to get the gap even, when it rotates.
  • If still not working, follow the wire to the connector and check that you haven't pulled a pin or wire.
  • if still not working, measure the voltage between the black and red wires on that connector to see if it's 5v, then while connected, stuff your probes up the back of the connector to measure between the black and third wire (not red) and measure the voltage while you turn the pedals slowly to see 5v switching on and off as each magnet passes the sensor.

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Thanks vfr400
It is working backwards
So I need to check if flipping the magnetic disk would work
Sorry for not replying
I have been too busy. I am trying to sort it out these days
I have to change the bottom bracket because it is worn out

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
If anyone would know which size is the bottom bracket would be helpful to buy it without dissembling
Getting there
I am glad that is working backwards. Now I have to find out if would work flipping the magnetic disk
You guys are fantastic
Thanks so much
Belén

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
It is working now!!!
Thanks so much!!!!!
Now I have to do some fixings as it is not working the derailleur...
take care
Belén

Advertisers