ProConnect/ Agutta Owners- How is your seat comfort?

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
I am trying to determine which seat to get with a new ProConnect-S, I know there is no choice, but I need one that is comfortable, not just for the Latex Brigade.

Any thoughts?

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
I am trying to determine which seat to get with a new ProConnect-S, I know there is no choice, but I need one that is comfortable, not just for the Latex Brigade.

Any thoughts?
Hi,
Just picked this one up. It depends I think on your size and weight. I am under 10 stone and find that the Virtual Assano, cushioned sprung seat on my Agattu is very comfortable. Some heavier owners have complained about it though.

bw
musicbooks

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
I am 11 stone. Is the seat you mentioned the original that comes with the Agutta? Is it a gel seat?

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
When I google the seat names from the Kalkhoff site, for the Agutta and Proconnect, I come up with nothing, therefore I have no idea what the seats are like.

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Agattu seat comfort is fine now I'm using a WTB mountain bike saddle. I tried a couple of different Brooks saddles, but went back to the WTB saddle I know.

Erica

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2008
I found the seat on the Pro Connect very uncomfortable--like riding a rail.

I replaced it right away with a Selle Royal Respiro (women's). The ventilation feature was not why I bought it, it was just very comfortable when I tested it.

It's a fantastic saddle for me--no pain ever!

C

Cyclezee

I have found the saddles on both my Agattus quite comfortable, the diamond frame one is a bit smaller than the wave frame. In contrast I thought the Cytronex and and Ezee Torq saddles were dreadful and relpaced them both. I fitted a Selle Royal Viper on the Torq and found it surprisingly comfortable and very cheap, only £3.20 on eBay.

Selle Royal Viper review | Mountain Bike Reviews || SINGLETRACKS.COM

J:) hn

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
I have found the original Pro Connect saddle to be quite comfortable - apart from the first few days when I was getting used to cycling again after 30 years. For me, it is very important to have the saddle adjusted absolutely level. I read something that said that many men prefer to have the saddle angled back slightly, pointing upward, but when I tried this I found it excruciating

I think saddles are a very personal thing, but I guess most of us are unlikely to experiment that much, unless the original equipment is particularly uncomfortable.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
My Pro Connect seat was not comfortable at all.
After fitting a new "sprung" seatpost, I found that it is now very very comfortable. Fit a new sprung seatpost, its a must !

Neil

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2008
Not too inportant

I have no complaints about my Pro Connect saddle. Like the rest of the bike it is built like a tank. Mine has a 16 tooth back cog which makes it much more zippy. The problem is that under normal cycling you only get just over an hour before you run out of power and require a what seams like a long wait to recharge. Peddling without power (compared with power) in not much fun. Therefore you don't spend too much time in the saddle and why worry too much about the very best saddles when the original does a ok job.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
... Mine has a 16 tooth back cog which makes it much more zippy. The problem is that under normal cycling you only get just over an hour before you run out of power and require a what seams like a long wait to recharge...
Crikey! :eek: To drain it that quick, the motor must be propelling you along at 20mph minimo non-stop - yes?

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
For the Men Only

I started riding a manual bike five years ago at the age of 56. After a while I began having unpleasant pain in the sitting-bone area and adjusted the saddle trying to find a more comfortable position. It got to the point where I was uncomfortable just sitting at my computer at work. I bought a Giant Lafree to reduce the amount of physical exercise. This bike had a very comfortable saddle.
About that time I was persuaded to have a P.S.A. (Prostate Specific Antigen) test along with my annual cholesterol check-up.
The results of the blood test showed a high P.S.A. level. Through the company BUPA health scheme I was soon undergoing a string of tests which didn't reveal anything serious but the P.S.A. blood reading was still too high. I mentioned to the Consultant that I had read on the internet that cycling exercise can increase this reading but he said he hadn't heard this.
I have fitted the Lafree seat to my Pro Connect along with the sprung seat post and it is a better ride.
Each year I have had the blood test which remained high, but recently I went on holiday for over two weeks and had the blood test immediately on returning and before doing any cycling. It was much lower and within the normal range for my age.
So I guess the seat and the exercise may have had something to do with it. The moral of the story is to spend some time on seat choice and positioning - certainly avoid a seat position which causes discomfort in the 'you know where area' :)

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
I thought i would find the seat on my aggatu not very comfortable but with a slight adjustment seat pushed forward on the seat rails it feels just right:D so i would not change it now also the gay handlebars dont really look that cool;) but boy they feel good no arm or wrist strain i would say that the kalkoff is a up market giant twist lite a good quality electric bike. nigel.