Prospective pedelecer

Grandad99

Just Joined
Jun 30, 2019
Hi,
Still at the early stages of considering electric assist. I'm the oldest non-electric rider in our club Easyride group, often outnumbered, but can still manage 100k if it's not too hilly.

The drop handlebar Giant road bike seems to be the favourite but I very much like the setup of the Orbea Gain. I think I could cope with the lower level of assistance.

Price is a major consideration and I've just found reference to the Bafang. and could fit it to my Ribble
audax.

No hurry - hopefully the technology is improving all the time so delaying will help

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
As above
You will never keep up just get one when you want and enjoy

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
Maybe best to try a test ride - Halfords (yes - I know) do a 48 hour test ride - but it may be limited to bikes below your minimum standard by quite a way.
But local bike shops may well do something, especially if they know you - I am assuming that some of them know you quite well!
You might try one and be converted - or think - Nah
And, of course, I'm sure one of the people you know would let you have a go. Problem with that is that their bike may be 'old tech' as things have moved forward a lot recently (mine is 10 years old - coal powered by comparison to nowadays!)

Anyway - if you are like me - any excuse to look at new bikes will do!!

good luck

Reactions: JuicyBike