Protective gear...

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Can anyone recommend some upper-body protection?...since I hurt my ribs a few months ago I'm really para about falling off..nearly went over the bars a couple of days ago just about managed to stay on my feet that was caused by me being ultra safe.. put the brakes on when I shoulda just gone for it..anyway recommendations anyone?..don,t wanna look like Robocop but gotto have something to help me feel more confident.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Can anyone recommend some upper-body protection?...since I hurt my ribs a few months ago I'm really para about falling off..nearly went over the bars a couple of days ago just about managed to stay on my feet that was caused by me being ultra safe.. put the brakes on when I shoulda just gone for it..anyway recommendations anyone?..don,t wanna look like Robocop but gotto have something to help me feel more confident.
Hi Paul, I think that first of all you would benefit from some work on your riding technique. There are a number of mtb instructors to be found online and few hours of instruction should give you more confidence and will reduce the likelihood of a tumble, and you will enjoy your riding much more.
When you are nervous your body is tense which makes falls more likely and and much more painful.
I personally doubt that upper body armour will help at all, however elbow and knee protection is good in the event of a fall.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
SW should be able to help with this

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Ta izzy..I,ll have a read up mate....aye mr ping..as said dun wanna look like Robocop..haha....there are some tight fitting vests I seen somewhere...have to look them up again..quite expensive though if I remember rightly...

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0283.JPG DSC_0635_01.JPG