PSW Power

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm considering placing an order with PSWPOWER and looking at their website it's obviously very US orientated. What's the favoured choice when it comes to shipping? there's quite a list of methods and I'm wondering what most people would recommend.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Whats yourbuying experience with them like
100% fine, no problems with the 6-7 orders i've made, usually arrive in 2 weeks or so, and not been caught for any duty/VAT so far. The postage charge does reduce on Ali as you add to the order, so you don't pay what's quoted on each item.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
I notice that on their website it says no tax and no shipping, providing you order from the Germany warehouse.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
You may well be right, I havn't looked at the website for a while and I heard they were now shipping from an EU warehouse, so things may have changed, for now anyway.

Reactions: sparkysx

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Like I mentioned on an earlier thread I used to buy stuff often from Chinese sites and did very well out of it I can tell you. I would buy watches by the box load for 50p each and sell them for £5 or £10 a throw...happy days.
What always bugged me was the wait, could be up to a month sometimes. Tracking helps, it's amazing sometimes the routes their parcels travel before they get to you, no wonder it can take a while to arrive.

PSWPower seems a lot cheaper than Ali to me. Looking at a couple of popular items, a LCD3 and a KT24 controller, just under £40 on PSW over £50 on Ali. Also is there no way of changing the currency to Pound Sterling on PSW, this dollar thing gets on my wick!

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I had a few hiccups, things not turning up or they would send the wrong thing. In the end it all got a bit much but I did get some amazing deals though sometimes.
If you get to know the sellers on a more personal level you can get even bigger discounts. I'd be up all night sometimes sending messages back and forth to Shenzeng trying to work a bit of business.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
Ordered something direct from pswpower today (German warehouse), could only find one really negative review and lots of good reviews. When people sell a lot of stuff there's always going to be some mistakes made, and I paid by paypal so feel I'm covered by that.

chonka

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2018
I'm considering placing an order with PSWPOWER and looking at their website it's obviously very US orientated. What's the favoured choice when it comes to shipping? there's quite a list of methods and I'm wondering what most people would recommend.
I ordered a 11ah rear rack battery as a backup for my 17.5ah battery on my bbs01 from psw power yesterday. I ordered from thier website and paid in dollars as it worked out cheaper than amazon. It specifies chineses cells but because its not being used as my main power source, im willing to take a risk on this at £140 inc shipping. I watched what looked like the same battery on ebay last week which was sold for £160.

chonka

Sep 22, 2018
I ordered a 11ah rear rack battery as a backup for my 17.5ah battery on my bbs01 from psw power yesterday. I ordered from thier website and paid in dollars as it worked out cheaper than amazon. It specifies chineses cells but because its not being used as my main power source, im willing to take a risk on this at £140 inc shipping. I watched what looked like the same battery on ebay last week which was sold for £160.
Battery arrived today. If the battery performance is as good and as fast as the delivery, ill be happy.... Time will tell...

JohnSub

Jun 2, 2023
Whats yourbuying experience with them like Pete?
Last month (May 2023), I ordered a MXUS XF07 motor for my e-bike from this company and the motor arrived faulty making a horrible knocking noise. I reported the fault and was advised to buy their controller for the motor to work properly. The controller arrived with one of the cables snapped and the motor isn't working properly either. Very disappointed with my dealings with PSW POWER. The fact that they don't publish the feedback from buyers who have left a critical comment on their product is also worrying.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Last month (May 2023), I ordered a MXUS XF07 motor for my e-bike from this company and the motor arrived faulty making a horrible knocking noise. I reported the fault and was advised to buy their controller for the motor to work properly. The controller arrived with one of the cables snapped and the motor isn't working properly either. Very disappointed with my dealings with PSW POWER. The fact that they don't publish the feedback from buyers who have left a critical comment on their product is also worrying.
I also had many trouble-free orders with them. The problem with ebike stuff is that it's easy for users to get things wrong if they don't know what they're doing. Generally, if you buy a complete set of parts from the same supplier, they all work together, but if you mix and match from different suppliers, there can be a lot of settings and connection issues that need to be sorted out.

Knocking from the motor can have many causes. In ten years of sorting out these sort of problems on this forum, I can't remeber there evr being a knocking motor where there was something wrong with it:
  • Cable damaged
  • Connector not on far enough
  • Incorrect connection sequence - can't always go colour to colour.
  • Incorrect settings
  • Failure to do the self learning when the controller has it
  • etc
It's always better to find the cause of a problem than start replacing parts.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Are you a bot which has copied and pasted content from "John S. Cambridge, UK"
on Trustpilot?

Reactions: Bikes4two

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Are you a bot which has copied and pasted content from "John S. Cambridge, UK"
on Trustpilot?

The reviews there look the same as what we get on this forum. people order stuff that they don't understand and probably doesn't match what they have, then they blame the supplier, or they think it's going to be like Amazon, where you order something, it comes the next day, and you can send it back if you change your mind, then complain when it isn't like that.

Reactions: Bikes4two

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Tripadvisor don't do much checking either.