Punctures !!!!

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
I wouldn't use those strips that go inside the tyres. they cause more punctures than they save.
What problems have you had with them D8veh, and others?
The reason I ask is because I recently came across a pair for nothing & have fitted them in 2 of my rear motor ebikes, though haven't yet done enough miles on either to properly evaluate them. Time will tell...

Regards, Mark

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
What problems have you had with them D8veh, and others?
The reason I ask is because I recently came across a pair for nothing & have fitted them in 2 of my rear motor ebikes, though haven't yet done enough miles on either to properly evaluate them. Time will tell...

Regards, Mark
I've had a positive, albeit rather limited experience with tyre inserts.

I used to experience a puncture every couple of weeks, but since fitting liners to my main ride about 18 months ago, have only had one. The puncture was caused by a meaty 2" thorn that penetrated right through the liner.

When I fitted the tyre liners, I used an abrasive to taper the ends as to minimise their profile and the wear effect on the inner tube as others have experienced. I don't know how effective this measure was, but I've been happy with my puncture rate since fitting them.

• Useful
Reactions: mw1

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
I've had a positive, albeit rather limited experience with tyre inserts.

I used to experience a puncture every couple of weeks, but since fitting liners to my main ride about 18 months ago, have only had one. The puncture was caused by a meaty 2" thorn that penetrated right through the liner.

When I fitted the tyre liners, I used an abrasive to taper the ends as to minimise their profile and the wear effect on the inner tube as others have experienced. I don't know how effective this measure was, but I've been happy with my puncture rate since fitting them.
Thanks for your reply Dan. 18 months is long enough to make an informed opinion :)
Useful tip re tapering the ends, so will have a look at doing that before I do many more miles.
Cheers, Mark :)

Advertisers