Purchase of folding EBIKE new to Pedalecs

Petercheeky

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2019
I am looking to purchase a folding Ebike. The bike is not for touring. Are there any recommended retailers. It’s a mine field of people selling folding Ebike. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
let us know more about your requirements: bike weight, range, intended use, budget and a bit more about yourself: your weight and height.
Once you narrow down the list of suitable models, you can sort out where to buy from.

Petercheeky

Apr 29, 2019
let us know more about your requirements: bike weight, range, intended use, budget and a bit more about yourself: your weight and height.
Once you narrow down the list of suitable models, you can sort out where to buy from.
I am looking a e folding bike for around town in general not touring Weight 16 - 17 stone. I do not wish to pay above £750 if possible. Someone has recommended Woosh to me, I have never heard of them!.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am looking a e folding bike for around town in general not touring Weight 16 - 17 stone. I do not wish to pay above £750 if possible. Someone has recommended Woosh to me, I have never heard of them!.
most folding bikes are not built for your weight, the fold hinge is their weakest point.
I would suggest you look for a full sized bike.
If it has absolutely to be a folder, you will need to increase your budget. £750 is not enough.

Reactions: Petercheeky

Petercheeky

Apr 29, 2019
What budget would you recommend, £750 was a start point. I am happy to go higher. Yes I want a folder. Thank you for you advice.

Petercheeky

Apr 29, 2019
most folding bikes are not built for your weight, the fold hinge is their weakest point.
If it has absolutely to be a folder, you will need to increase your budget. £750 is not enough.
What budget would you recommend £750.00 was a start point. Yes it must be a folder. Thank you for your help much appreciated. I hope to buy a Woosh.

Petercheeky

Apr 29, 2019
I am now increasing my budget to £1750 cheers for your help and advice.

Dewey

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2016
Arlington, VA
Woosh is right most folding ebike frames will be weak at the hinge. If you pay a bit more and don't mind it's a single speed or the small battery or waiting until they arrive back in stock the Montague Boston Ze folding bike has full size 700c wheels, the fold is around the seat tube so no frame compromise, they are designed to carry up to 250lb (17 stone 12lb), and use the Zehus motor with the battery, motor, and controller, all in the hub.

Last edited: