Push mowers the future for me

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I have ridden electric bikes for around 15 years,and there is no way i would go back to a manual bike,they are just too much hard work on hills,but lawn mowers, i have just purchased a £26 push mower from argos,to do the first cut of the year (yes i know its a bit late but i hate gardening). my old petrol mower was dead after several years of abuse. and i needed a cheap replacement,pretty much every year i leave it till the grass is long,and i have killed several electric mowers as the motor struggles and overheats on long grass,so after reading lots of advice,push mowers are said to be more suitable for people who cut the grass frequently(not for me then),well i decided to buy one anyway and thought i will just strim the grass,and then try and keep on top of it,so i returned home with my £26 mower put it together and adjusted it to its highest setting,eager to try it out i set to work on the long grass,believe it or not it cut much better and easier than any electric mower i have ever owned,including a few flymo rotary mowers that would have slowed to a stop,i thought overall my old petrol rotary mower would have cut straight through, with less backwards and forwards passes, but thinking back it would have cut out as the long grass clogged up the grassbox,so overall the ability to just cut grass without filling with petrol,without starting and stopping and then restarting,then the hassle of going through to the front garden,moving the bins to allow access, no more it is so light i might even get the missus to use it.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Wetter? In Ireland? :p

I was a huge push mower fan when lawn was a thing in my life. And never mow when the lawn is wet :D

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I went down the electric bike route and bought a mountfield rechargeable e-mower which has a lithium battery very simular to my e-bike batteries.
On one charge it cuts my 2 lawns, my neighbours 2 lawns, both paths on my allotment and my small orchard. On top of that I use it as a shredder on all the allotment waste and overal it sits in between a mains mower and a petrol one. I then bought the strimmer, tiller and leaf blower vac that uses the same battery.. They also do a chain saw and brush cutter.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I have a push mower (brill) and it is excellent. I have also been using an electric Atco Windsor after increasing my lawn, very good but very heavy, so have recently bought a cordless one from Aldi for £130. So far so good

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
And I got rid of my lawns ages ago, replaced them with chippings so that the children and now my grandchildren can play in all weathers.

Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
They fastened Arnie to a push mower in Conan The Barbarian..perhpaps you,ll look like him when you,ve pushed it around garden all summer. I,m not bothered about looking like that anymore ...put petrol in mine...

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They fastened Arnie to a push mower . ..perhaps you,ll look like him when you,ve pushed it around garden all summer. I,m not bothered about looking like that anymore ...
You mean you used to look like him? ;)

Advertisers