quick quick!!! oxydrive

bigearsbilly

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2016
Hello people, I am looking for a front wheel 700c kit for my unused Specialized Sirrus.

I seem to hear great things about the oxydrive and they have a sale on.
So any reason not to jump in? It looks lovely quality.

I want to grab one while they are still there.
It seems the HT is a rear hub?

What pros and cons for the HT?
I would prefer a front drive and no real hills around south london.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For 449 + about 15/20 quid delivery you will get one of the best kits going, all on offer even the front wheel kit so grab one before they go. Back up c/s is also v.good. Front kit will give wheel spin in wet or on loose surface due to light front end, two torque arms for front unless forks are steel then one or for rear use you can use one on the non drive side. Cyclezee or Panda sell torque arms or you can make your own one piece design. Mine took about an hour or so to make.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Riding uphill in rain, weight in the front wheel (if you are a cyclist it feels strange at the least), rear hub motors are usually bigger and thus have more grunt, you keep the quick release on the front wheel so you can take it off to put the bike in a smallish car... just a few reasons.

Ride both and make your own opinion.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Powerful rear geared hub motors may break spokes. If you have suspension fork, the suspension limits the stress put on the motor spokes, avoiding breaking them. Rear DD hub motor also don't break spokes because the acceleration is gentle.
Geared hub motors have a clutch built into the motor, when you move the bike backwards, you will feel the resistance. IMHO, crank drive kits are best, natural ride, no cogging, efficient on hills, high speed on flat roads, nice weight distribution and easy fit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

bigearsbilly

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2016
I have just received my oxydrive kit.
front wheel rear rack battery.

I am very impressed with the build quality. Nothing cheap about it in the slightest. Very slick, very professional finish.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What forks are you fitting it to ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

bigearsbilly

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2016
Yeah I have 2 Specialized bikes and they do have nicely built frames. I am waiting for some nice new tyres and some proper old fashioned moustache handlebars to arrive before I build it up.

( Then all I will need is some brown brogues, tweeds and a pipe.)

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
this should be interesting
I too have spec sirrus elite, but with carbon forks I went for rear 36v 250w hub moter, 13ah front tube battery from ebc £375
but have not quite finished it yet.
awaiting a rear rack ,wrong one sent from china ,odered anorther which is a week late

it will be interesting to compare the 2 builds

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
awaiting a rear rack ,wrong one sent from china ,odered anorther which is a week late
A rack from China??? Must be special if you went all that way to get one. Mine came from the LBS - oh it was made in Taiwan don't worry! It is a Giant rack at 27 €.