Rack box for Sprint?

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
I have a "Flinger" bike box on my Sprint rack. However because of the shape of the bottom of the box it does sit rather far back and consequently must be causing drag.

Can anyone suggest a different box that would fit better on the Sprint back rack?

The rack does look as if it can be adjusted so it would pull further back towards the saddle, although can't be too close as the battery needs to be able to slide out.

I like having a box because I can lock my valuables in it whilst riding, probably not so necessary in Cornwall, but I lived in London many years ago so am very security aware, and I can leave my helmet and bike computer in it when I leave the bike.

I was looking at my box yesterday and thought about possibly getting some extra long bolts, placing the box squarely on the rack, drilling holes in the box if I find the ones in the box are not in a good place.

Thank you.

detec52

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2011
Hi i have fitted a Rickman top box to my juicy bike rack its around 24lt capacity i had to make some brackets to hold it on to the rack, its great holds loads of stuff and has a key lock, look on e-bay there are a few new one's at around £24.00. Rob.