Help! Racktime rack and compatible panniers

mistuk

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2020
Hi there,

I’ve just bought a Cube Kathmandu EXC bike and it has a Racktime carrier on the back. Could someone tell me if it is compatible with any type / make of pannier or do I need some sort of accessory for it to work with different types?

many thanks

Kevin

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
Hi there,

I’ve just bought a Cube Kathmandu EXC bike and it has a Racktime carrier on the back. Could someone tell me if it is compatible with any type / make of pannier or do I need some sort of accessory for it to work with different types?

many thanks

Kevin I have the same rack and have been trying for some time to get suitable panniers. The Cube Travel ones do not fit as they have a round clip and the rack has a triangular cross section. I am currently waiting delivery of the Cube Acid Traveler which I have been told should fit. I will update when they arrive.

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
RG24
Hi. It seems you are seeking alternatives to Racktime attachments to click into your Racktime rack. If this isn’t the case then I can recommend two Racktime products. You can find them online, including from Amazon. I have the large Ture panniers and Boxit box. Both work really well, are of the highest quality (and price, which seem to have skyrocketed vs. two years ago), and click on and off in seconds. An advantage of the panniers is that you still get to use the rack’s bungee strap in addition to loading the panniers.

I recall that I purchased from the Netherlands to get the best price at the time.

You can also get a Snap-it adapter. This affordable adapter provides a click-in rectangular base. You can then make or buy something that attaches to that frame.

I do recall finding Racktime compatible attachments when I was looking to purchase. I don’t have my no tea from that time but searching now this seems like it is a third party compatible bag https://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Equipment/Bike-Bags/Trunk-bags/Silkroad-L-Snap-it.

Samcycles

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2020
Northern Ireland
Hi there,

many thanks

Kevin
Hi Kevin

I got my Cube Town hybrid a few weeks ago and have been looking at panniers. I believe this Racktime rack may be made specifically for Cube. Thee was a thread about Cube racks and panniers last year on this link.

Hope this helps.
Sam

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
My Acid panniers have just arrived and sadly despite being assured that they would fit my Cube Racktime carrier, this is not the case. They are supplied with clips that close over a 1cm round bar rather than the triangular section of the Racktime carrier. I have a top bag with fits onto the Snapit adapter so wanted a pannier to attach directly to the frame but no luck so far.