Help! Raleigh Velo

Lordhorsegate

Just Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Hi, I have just tried to charge the battery and when you plug it in the charger light goes green and the battery says 20% charged. It has been on charge now for 6 hours and is still only showing 20%

Tim

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, I have just tried to charge the battery and when you plug it in the charger light goes green and the battery says 20% charged. It has been on charge now for 6 hours and is still only showing 20%

Tim
That sounds like that the battery is below the level at which it allowed to accept a charge from a normal charger.
Depending upon the nominal voltage, there is a set limit as to how low the battery's voltage is allowed to go, before charging cannot take place!
A bike shop may be able to "recover" the battery with what is called a "Zer0 volt Charger".
Try one.
regards
Andy

Lordhorsegate

Just Joined
Jul 26, 2019
That sounds like that the battery is below the level at which it allowed to accept a charge from a normal charger.
Depending upon the nominal voltage, there is a set limit as to how low the battery's voltage is allowed to go, before charging cannot take place!
A bike shop may be able to "recover" the battery with what is called a "Zer0 volt Charger".
Try one.
regards
Andy

Lordhorsegate

Just Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Thanks Andy, I have just put the battery back into the bike and the control gear says it's fully charged !
Will give it a try over the weekend and see what happens.

Tim

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks Andy, I have just put the battery back into the bike and the control gear says it's fully charged !
Will give it a try over the weekend and see what happens.

Tim
Good for you!
It sounds like it was a false alarm!
regards
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need a meter to check the out put voltage, it takes a lot of guessing away.