re-chargable tyre pump

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Hi all I bought a Air Hawk PRO -Inflator Automatic Pump Cordless for my electric bike tyres, it has a shrader connector same as bike tyes. but when I screw connector to tyre right up tight. the Automatic pump wont pump up tyre unless I unscrew a good way. then it seems to just start and stop pumping. so you cant get it as a continious flow of air. But if i try electric pump on just a tube on its own. and screw up tight it pumps fine. Im thinking maybe its the valve inside tube .
where am I going wrong

any help will be most appreciated

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all I bought a Air Hawk PRO -Inflator Automatic Pump Cordless for my electric bike tyres, it has a shrader connector same as bike tyes. but when I screw connector to tyre right up tight. the Automatic pump wont pump up tyre unless I unscrew a good way. then it seems to just start and stop pumping. so you cant get it as a continious flow of air. But if i try electric pump on just a tube on its own. and screw up tight it pumps fine. Im thinking maybe its the valve inside tube .
where am I going wrong

any help will be most appreciated
Operate the valve to make sure its not stuck.
For Schrader valves, you must push the connector well onto the valve as it must "open the valve". Otherwise it just "blocks"...
This might be the problem possibly....
See here:-
or here:-
Regards
Andy

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Try changing the valve, does it happen on both front and back tyre?
Well you was right as I had a few spare valves. so I decided to replace in both tyres. I turned bike upside down to inflate tyres after screwing on the pump end. which screws onto the end of shrader , soon as I turned on pump it kept pumping constantly. I also did tighten up the valves too inside the shrader . so that maybe why I have attached pictures of old valves which are black, and new ones which are red

Operate the valve to make sure its not stuck.
For Schrader valves, you must push the connector well onto the valve as it must "open the valve". Otherwise it just "blocks"...
This might be the problem possibly....
See here:-
or here:-
Regards
Andy
Thanks for this Andy its most appreciated

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
It looks like the left hand valve in your photo is clogged up with slime from the inner tube. Whenever my tyres go flat I always remove and clean the valve which is always clogged with the fibrous stuff. Also I always position the valve at the 4 o’clock or 8 o’clock position when pumping to stop the fluid running into the valve whilst it is open.