Rear hub compatibility? (Bosch mid-drive)

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
Hi, I have a Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 2018, which has Alexrims EX30 32H wheels. I just found a matching set on Ebay from the same year bike and ordered them - yay!

Then I realised I may have a hub problem... My bike has a Shimano fh-m6000 hub, the new rear rim has a fh-m6010-b hub... Now I know very little about rear hubs and I'm finding this quite confusing, but it's now seeming via Google that my bike is non-boost with QR, and the new hub is boost with a thru-axle? And changing the hub would not be worth the hassle?

Do I have any options to make them interchangeable, maybe an adaptor kit or something?

Many thanks in advance :)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes, you can get adapters to convert through axle to QR as long as the width is the same. The problem is that more often they're not. I hope you're lucky.

According to the spec, the new hub is 148mm wide. I'm pretty sure that your old one is 135mm. It might be worth trying it in the frame to see whether it fits and/or how much you have to spring the frame.

Note that you need 12mm axle adapters. There are other diameter through axles.

Last edited:

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
I read your post before you edited it and checked the widths and came to the same conclusion... not very compatible.

I don't think it's worth the risk/hassle, so am planning on selling the rims on.

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated x