Rear light

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Spent another 45 minutes trying to find an old post with no success ... does anyone else find the search function on here a bit lacking ? !

There was a thread not so long ago about rear lights. I need to get one for the Trek as it still has none. d8veh, was it you who posted about a decent bright one which is tried and tested ? Can you possibly re-post the link ?

Ta !

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
This thread by any chance? http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/13208-commuter-light-deal-3.html

Most forum search engines suffer from being almost useless IMHO :)
Yes - that's the one !!!! Thanks. First it's Commuter Booster and then Commuter Light Deal that I have a mental block over ... perhaps it's the word "commuter" that my subconscious refuses to acknowledge ;)

I can finally go to bed with all the loose ends on my mind tonight tied up and 5 orders placed for bits & bobs I keep forgetting to sort out !

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I have a brand new unsused (but tested) MJ-808 I'm not using - might pop it up in the classifieds section. Just need to supply a battery.

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
I bought a Hope District +, now that is a bright light. Ribble cycles were best price. Battery separate to light unit but great if you use a saddle bag. I have also ordered the new one from Exposure lights (Blaze) but not got it yet. My other recommendation is the Exposure Flare - super bright and really small.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Spent another 45 minutes trying to find an old post with no success ... does anyone else find the search function on here a bit lacking ? !

There was a thread not so long ago about rear lights. I need to get one for the Trek as it still has none. d8veh, was it you who posted about a decent bright one which is tried and tested ? Can you possibly re-post the link ?

Ta !
In the google search box put this
site: pedelecs.co.uk rear lights

and see what comes up...

you'll notice it says "more from pedelecs"
click on that
and "commuter light deal" comes up, down the page a bit.
You can narrow the search fairly well if you recall more of the title or content of the thread.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Ah ... I've been using the search box on the forum page top right hand side, where you have to put the word "pedelecs" in to prove you're not a robot.

Probably better off using google by the sounds of it. I couldn't actually remember the thread title at all - just recall there was a "brightest possible front light" thread around the same time (I think :confused:). Then when search for rear light didn't throw anything up which looked familiar I started scrolling endlesssly backwards through pages of posts in the order of latest update looking for something that would jog my memory (with a very slow bowser prone to "hanging" on this particular forum and rapidly bursting cache). Became blurry-eyed, dizzy and desperate after about 1/2 an hour of scrolling and waiting for pages to download !

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I routinely use the google site search instead of forums' own searchers, as many of them are fairly useless.

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
On the subject of rear lights, has anyone taken stick from drivers who think your rear light is too bright?

My current rear light is actually a reflector - Brompton rear reflector excluding bracket - which I have embedded 17 red LEDs into, 12 of them simply make the entire reflector glow brightly and 5 of them point straight out so are seen from a distance.

Last edited: