Rear wheel

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Hi, We've got two Woosh Zephyr - B bikes and to keep the batteries in good condition we've been using them over the winter on a Trax trainer in the garage. this morning I noticed a rear flat tyre. I managed to get the tube out and found a puncture (how can you get a puncture whilst running on plastic rollers?).

My question is, if I should need to replace the tube how do I remove the rear wheel which of course has the lecky cable running into the hub?

Thanks for any help I guess you've realised I'm a bit of a numpty where bikes are concerned.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hi, We've got two Woosh Zephyr - B bikes and to keep the batteries in good condition we've been using them over the winter on a Trax trainer in the garage. this morning I noticed a rear flat tyre. I managed to get the tube out and found a puncture (how can you get a puncture whilst running on plastic rollers?).

I love the idea of using eBikes on a fitness trainer! Really wish I'd thought of it :)
Sorry I can't help with your problem, I'm pretty useless in the wheel world ...
Tom

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Peter, your motor cable should have a quick release plug like this:

pull the plug. After you repair the innertube, line up the two arrows, on both sides, and push the plug back in.

If your bike does not have the inline plug, cut off a couple of cableties along the seat stay to release the motor cable, you should have enough slack to pull the wheel out.

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I've just been and checked and no I don't have the quick release plug but I can do as you suggest and cut a couple of cable ties. Are there any further things that I should do or is it a case of undoing the two nuts and dropping the wheel out?
Thanks again for your help.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I would turn the bike upside down, remove the two wheel nuts and also the M5 allen bolts (in the middle of the pic) that secure the back torque arms. the wheel should come off easily.

Advertisers