Recommendations for a top tube controller\wire bag

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
i have been trying out the options for where to place the controller and spare wires for my Bafang rear hub 36v 250w conversion.

There is no room beteween the seat tube and wheel for a box, nor for one of those frame triangle bags by the top tube seat tube corner.

There is room for a bag\box under the rear of the seat, on the handlebars or on the top of the top tube by the steering column.

I tried a bag on the handlebars and it does not really work, the brake levers and cables get in the way too much.

So I am thing about a bag\box on the top tube by the steering column, I have added an image of the sort of thing you see on eBay.

I appreciate that the controller in the bag might get a bit warm, but if thats an issue it should be possible to have the surface of the controller exposed on the outside of the bag\box or add a heatsink.

Any suggestions for a suitable bag\box ?

Attachments

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Thanks.

Any reason to prefer a rear of saddle bag over one on the top tube by the handlebars ?

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I did a test run of what it would look like with one of those bags on top of the top tube, and whilst the wiring layout is easier, with the IT4 cable and connectors out of view in the bag, the fat bag on the front just does not look right at all.