Recommendations for conversion

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi all

2 year ebike rider Crossfire-e owner here, pleased with that as a commuter/tourer, but now, after finding my beloved 1999 GT Avalanche at the back of the garage, am looking to convert that for a off road hack, something I can use on bridal paths, coast paths, places where the Crossfire-e on road type tyres (energisers) just can't cut it , for a bit of weekend fun
Here's a pic of my donor bike (not my actual bike but it's the same spec)

I'm looking at the yose power rear hub conversion kit ( https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-36V350W-Black-Hub-Motor-with-Cassettle-for-Rear-Wheel-26"-&-HL1-36V14.5Ah-Battery-Conversion-Kit-DIY-E-bike-110.html ) which with the 14.5ah battery, seems good value at £355 delivered. I like the idea it'll be a bit quicker max speed wise than the Crossfire-e

Any other recommendations ? Do you think the yosepower kit is a good deal ? Anything else I should be aware of, as first time conversion ? I do want to keep the budget sub £400 (a bit of fun, not my daily commuter), so bafang crank drives kits and big batteries at about £600-700 are out of my budget

Thanks all !

1984danc

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2020
Devon
Hi all

2 year ebike rider Crossfire-e owner here, pleased with that as a commuter/tourer, but now, after finding my beloved 1999 GT Avalanche at the back of the garage, am looking to convert that for a off road hack, something I can use on bridal paths, coast paths, places where the Crossfire-e on road type tyres (energisers) just can't cut it , for a bit of weekend fun
Here's a pic of my donor bike (not my actual bike but it's the same spec)

I'm looking at the yose power rear hub conversion kit ( https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-36V350W-Black-Hub-Motor-with-Cassettle-for-Rear-Wheel-26"-&-HL1-36V14.5Ah-Battery-Conversion-Kit-DIY-E-bike-110.html ) which with the 14.5ah battery, seems good value at £355 delivered. I like the idea it'll be a bit quicker max speed wise than the Crossfire-e

Any other recommendations ? Do you think the yosepower kit is a good deal ? Anything else I should be aware of, as first time conversion ? I do want to keep the budget sub £400 (a bit of fun, not my daily commuter), so bafang crank drives kits and big batteries at about £600-700 are out of my budget

Thanks all !
Hi mate.
Did you ever get this done? I have a gt avalanche and am looking to do the same thing. Thanks mate