Recommended a controller?

WaynzT24

Just Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Hi I'm new to the forum and the ebike world. I recently picked up a new Fiido D2. I was originally going to convert an mtb over but money is tight at the moment. The fiido is an ok bike, I've already replaced the dodgy cable brakes with some hydraulic ones, and also added a separate more accurate voltage battery display meter. I have one problem and that is the pedel assist, it's slow and has no higher settings, unlike the updated D2S model. Can I change this or will I have to replace the entire controller and display?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The PAS has no bearing on speed, the controller and display programming will dictate the assist cut off speed. If you change any of th electronics the warranty will be voided.

WaynzT24

Just Joined
Sep 30, 2020
The PAS has no bearing on speed, the controller and display programming will dictate the assist cut off speed. If you change any of th electronics the warranty will be voided.
Yes the pedal assist seems to keep up to about 8mph which is too slow for cycling. I'm having to feather the throttle while cycling to go a bit faster. I know the d2s has three settings on its handlebar controller, low, medium and high. Is their a pot inside the main controller board unit to adjust this?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It will take you to 25k/mh and suspect it uses a speed controller, low 8mph, med about 12mph and high 15.5mph. One would think there may be a controller or display issue. If as you say it is new take it back to the vendor and get it fixed under warranty or swap for another bike working correctly.

Advertisers