Recommended retailer

Chief12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2018
Hi all,

New to e bikes, necessity of age I’m afraid, so looking for a good retailer of e bikes in West Yorkshire who can give me some advice on which is the best for my circumstances

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi all,

New to e bikes, necessity of age I’m afraid, so looking for a good retailer of e bikes in West Yorkshire who can give me some advice on which is the best for my circumstances
Hello ! Welcome

It’s always useful to know a few things for the forum to help you

What’s your height and weight
What to want to achieve in terms of usuage, distance per charge and speed
Do you want a step through city bike ? A full suspension mtb?
Are you handy with a spanner ? Or a soldering iron?

We have had members ask the best for a person with one leg for example.

And , of course , rough budget ! Bikes start at 500 ish and end ...well , there is no end but a 2k budget makes the world more or less your oyster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JuicyBike

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
You'd be very welcome to visit us in north Derbyshire at our New Mills workshop. You will find our full range there including recent additions from Neomouv, a massive brand in France now available through our own stores around the UK.

Chief12

Oct 10, 2018
Hello ! Welcome

It’s always useful to know a few things for the forum to help you

What’s your height and weight
What to want to achieve in terms of usuage, distance per charge and speed
Do you want a step through city bike ? A full suspension mtb?
Are you handy with a spanner ? Or a soldering iron?

We have had members ask the best for a person with one leg for example.

And , of course , rough budget ! Bikes start at 500 ish and end ...well , there is no end but a 2k budget makes the world more or less your oyster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief12

Oct 10, 2018
OK I’m 65 years old a regular yet ageing cyclist who tends to cycle on my own. I’m 5’10” and 15st and usually do between 30 and 50 miles. Most of my cycling is on road with a few trips along the canal path. I am looking for a bike with hybrid tyres, not too thick, a crossbar and a motor that gives some assistance on the hills around the Pennines and Yorkshire dales and the ultimate requirement is one as light as possible, although I know this can be a problem.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
OK I’m 65 years old a regular yet ageing cyclist who tends to cycle on my own. I’m 5’10” and 15st and usually do between 30 and 50 miles. Most of my cycling is on road with a few trips along the canal path. I am looking for a bike with hybrid tyres, not too thick, a crossbar and a motor that gives some assistance on the hills around the Pennines and Yorkshire dales and the ultimate requirement is one as light as possible, although I know this can be a problem.
Ticket may well suit you at 14.9 kgs but won't be available to purchase until next year.

Chief12

Oct 10, 2018
Looking seriously at a Cube bike but so many different models. How do I know which will be best for me?

Chief12

Oct 10, 2018
I got mine from Electric Transport Shop. Eddie Kehoe is the owner and will go the extra mile for you. No question is too silly for him to answer. www.electricbikesales.co.uk. Great selection and many models to choose from.
Thanks there is one in York that’s not that far from me but how did you go about finding the one best for you without the technical expertise?

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
Look at the models they sell, look at reviews from customers, talk to the owner. If you get good answers and help from your questions, and the shop doesn't give you the feeling that you're a pain-in-their-ass, then you can probably reliably trust them. If they sell brands you're aware of, and are interested in, that's another point in their favour. Even more important, check out their return policy.