Reliable commuting bike recommendation

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Hello,

My sister who lives in switzerland is looking for a ready made electric bike for 20 km commuting journey. (10 km each way).

she found some sellers in switzerland but they are all very expensive and not that good value for money either.

I found out this in France for 600 euro:
https://www.rueducommerce.fr/produit/top-life-velo-a-assistance-electrique-de-ville-e-8000-31786136

It looks decent for its price with 2 years warranty. It would be a bit of a pain to go back to france for the support however.

Any better suggestion? She's not tech savvy like me so it needs to be good and reliable. She can afford more expensive as long as it's not overpriced (ie. 3k for a bike)

Thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I found out this in France for 600 euro:
that's cheap. I don't think she can find a better deal.
36V 13AH battery, suspension fork, C300S LCD.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just wanted to check if anything can be better than either of these option. A cheaper super reliable bike may fit the bill.
A reliable bike is a motorbike, something like the Woosh Santana2, you just sit on it and twist the throttle, pedal a little now and then to stop blood clots from forming. I can send one to France or drop one when I come to Paris next time.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
A reliable bike is a motorbike, something like the Woosh Santana2, you just sit on it and twist the throttle, pedal a little now and then to stop blood clots from forming. I can send one to France or drop one when I come to Paris next time.
Can you ship to switzerland?

what makes it more reliable than other similar bike? it looks like a typical ebike.

And what happen if the bike has a fault? I won't be there to provide support. Thanks

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Flyer has better brakes, those are important in Switzerland from the bit I have visited.

If she lives near the frontier buying in France is the best idea, she could pick up a Peugeot or Gitane for less than 1700€. https://www.cyclable.com/magasins have shops in Lausanne and Geneva.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what makes it more reliable than other similar bike?
support statistics, maybe because the customers for the Santana2 are not boy racers.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
The Flyer has better brakes, those are important in Switzerland from the bit I have visited.

If she lives near the frontier buying in France is the best idea, she could pick up a Peugeot or Gitane for less than 1700€. https://www.cyclable.com/magasins have shops in Lausanne and Geneva.
She's in Berne. But may make sense to check

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
support statistics, maybe because the customers for the Santana2 are not boy racers.
Definitely not. But same for the toplife ebike. Can't see why it is more reliable initially. How would support work in case of issue?