Removing rear wheel on Wisper 905se

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, but I can't post on technical...

And sorry if this is a really basic question, but I'm very new to electric bikes! I have recently purchased a Wisper 905se Sport which I am using for my commute to work (23 miles each way). I am carrying a spare innertube (that's a real innertube, not a reference to my weight!), but realised I don't actually know how to remove the rear wheel in the event I get a puncture at the back on my way to work. The motor power cable seems to go through the middle of the wheel nut. Please can someone explain to me the correct procedure for removing the rear wheel? I'm worried about damaging the motor power cable etc. if I don't really know what I'm doing :confused:

Thanks,

Howard

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
To change the tyre I pull the wheel out just enough without disconnecting any electrics and then slide the new tyre in. I find it's a fiddle getting the wheel back on as the axle nut with the cable through it can't be removed but also doesn't fit past the derailer hinge. I guess there's a knack to it but this still takes me a long time.

moon

Pedelecer
May 24, 2008
Here are some instructions sent to me from Wisper

To repair a tyre is exactly the same as any cycle tyre.

On the rear wheel, turn the bike upside down carefully making sure that nothing on the handlebar gets broken and you dont damage the brake electrical connections.

Loosen and take off the rear wheel nuts.

Use the tyre levers to pull one side out of the rim

pull out the inner tube and without taking the wheel ot totally or disconnecting the motor wiring, ease the wheel out on the side opposite the gears and the motor connection and slip out the inner tube.

repair in the normal manner and replace in reverse.