Replacement Battery for Crosscity e

Herbalrick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 5, 2018
Leicester
I bought a crosscity e 2 years ago and have been using it as my commuting/everyday bike. It has now done over 5000 miles in all weathers and is starting to lose charge. Only getting 10-15 miles per charge now.

The replacement battery is not stocked by halfords anymore but I've seen several bikes with identical frame and battery design e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XKHY79B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_El9nCbHED1Y8K

Or the freego folding lite.

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement?

frankbike

Just Joined
Jul 30, 2020
I had great difficulty sourcing repair to my battery. I looker at Reention website and noticed Scimitar was the same shape as the Rapier RI III. I contacted Jinhua Henchuang New Energy Co Ltd by email. Lana Gui at sales6@cnhengchuang.com was great. I sent photo of Rapier RI III battery and dimensions. She confirmed it was the Scimitar. I paid $222 (about £188) to have it shipped from China to France. A lot cheaper that repair in the UK. Paid via Alibaba. Delivered by DPD. Took a while particularly during Covid pandemic but both supplier and Alibaba kept me up to date with progress of my order.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The battery is a standard part. Have a look on Aliexpress, where there areloads of sellers of exactly the battery you want. Search for "36v folding bike battery" or something like that.

Advertisers