Help! Replacement electronic controller required

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your current motor connection lead to the controller, one can open the controller and de - solder or cut the wiring from inside so it you won't be left short when permanently soldering the wires to the new controller if use go down that route instead of using connectors.
The phase wires at the controller will be bullets so solder direct is the best option or I use a MT60 tri connector.
The halls uses a 6 port block connector, one can fit the opposite mating one to the motor cable halls. The designation on ebay to look for is dj7061a-2.8-11.
Circuit Wire Connector Terminal Block 2.8mm Pin 6-Way Socket Plug Polyamide | eBay

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
Your current motor connection lead to the controller, one can open the controller and de - solder or cut the wiring from inside so it you won't be left short when permanently soldering the wires to the new controller if use go down that route instead of using connectors.
The phase wires at the controller will be bullets so solder direct is the best option or I use a MT60 tri connector.
The halls uses a 6 port block connector, one can fit the opposite mating one to the motor cable halls. The designation on ebay to look for is dj7061a-2.8-11.
Circuit Wire Connector Terminal Block 2.8mm Pin 6-Way Socket Plug Polyamide | eBay
Thsts a great help thanks I’m sure I will need to come here for a quick start guide before i attempt anything

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
Many thanks all for your input. I’ll get it ordered and will be back for help I’m sure once it arrives,
Sorry folks last question there is a few options for PAS. It will be with the LCD8 and KT sine wave controller hall sensored can you suggest best option for pas please see attached pic of options B89E43EA-52F1-4520-A44B-9EF16FBE9BEB.jpeg1C7B363F-B378-4BD9-9AC4-F67BDDB42E2F.jpeg

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
Brilliant news thank you
Greetings all, well the goodies have arrived today from TopBike ahi a, no import charges which was a relief.
I’ve already been busy on the new controller end labelling the connectors, however there is one not listed anywhere with a double wire over the top - could this be for the lights or cruise ? I’ve circled it in the attached pics along with pics of the goody box that came today.

I’m bracing myself for figuring out the relevant corresponding wiring connections in the existing system, but I’ll get there, it will be fun I’m sure.

Attachments

Reactions: Nealh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The blue loop is cruise control. Disconnect it because you don't need it and it can cause an accident when it locks your speed when you don't expect it.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Greetings all, well the goodies have arrived today from TopBike ahi a, no import charges which was a relief.
system, but I’ll get there, it will be fun I’m sure.
Good to know that no duty to pay Lee, you may be the first since brexit who has used them and reported back. If there had been duty to pay it wouldn't have left the courier/customs without payment first.

Lee Arnall

Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2018
Wirral, Merseyside
Good to know that no duty to pay Lee, you may be the first since brexit who has used them and reported back. If there had been duty to pay it wouldn't have left the courier/customs without payment first.
I bought a replacement silverfish style battery from Green Cell in Feb, turns out they are a Polish company, UPS billed me £81! I took it up with Green Cell they assured me they had already paid that fee on releasing it for shipment. True to their word they refunded the customs fee back to me so now I can enjoy my new battery

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Greencell seem to be a good company.

Reactions: Lee Arnall

Advertisers