Replacement for carrera crossfire battery

me1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 4, 2024
After looking through this forum I found that this yosepower battery would work as a replacement

however they do not ship to the UK now (I assume they might have done in the past ?)

So I tried to order it from the same company via Amazon germany which allowed a UK shipping address

However I have received a message saying that cannot ship from Germany & do not have
it in their UK warehouse

ANyone know how I can get hold of one of these ? - preferably without the added cost of a reshipping
company like shipto

thanks

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
however they do not ship to the UK now (I assume they might have done in the past ?)
Several members here have bought that specific battery from that specific Yosepower.com website on a number of occasions now. Have you asked them why/what makes you think they won't now ship?

Their website still says:
"UK market:
1. Battery and motor kits will be shipped by Hermes/DPD next day after payment! The parcels can't be shipped on weekend. The shipping takes 2-5 working days"

me1

Feb 4, 2024
Several members here have bought that specific battery from that specific Yosepower.com website on a number of occasions now. Have you asked them why/what makes you think they won't now ship?

Their website still says:
"UK market:
1. Battery and motor kits will be shipped by Hermes/DPD next day after payment! The parcels can't be shipped on weekend. The shipping takes 2-5 working days"
when you try to checkout on their own website the online ordering system will not accept a UK shipping address - feel free to try a dummy order to confirm this for yourself

also like I mentioned they sent me a message about the amazon order specifically saying they canot ship from germany - they can only send batteries they have in their UK warehouse

I assume this is brexit related ?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I assume this is brexit related ?
Others have ordered and received post-Brexit. What they'll process from Amazon is not the same as what they'd process with an order placed directly through their own warehouses. It may be VAT rules catching up with them - It may simply be they're waiting on UK stock where VAT/import duties have been paid directly to HMRC. Or it may be their reluctance to send an order with an EU plug (they used to send with a correct UK plug, but that listing specifically states EU plug).

Chat or email them directly and ask what their issue is. Lots of members here have dealt with them directly without any issue, so if there now is an issue, we'd all like to know.

me1

Feb 4, 2024
this may not be the forum for this but does anyone know of a good value reliable reshipping company that ships from Germany to the UK ?

yosepower now only ship a subset of their batteries to the UK that they stock in their UK warehouse & this battery is not one of them

I was looking at this battery at least a year ago and am regretting not buying it then now

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
We still don't know why Yosepower now won't ship. If it's because DPD - as one of very few shippers who do/did handle Lithium from EU into UK - now won't take it, then neither will any other EU supplier or re-shipping agent.

me1

Feb 4, 2024
there does appear to be reshippers that will handle batteries for a reasonable cost e.g.
but you have to add on the import taxes to that too so it starts to become fairly expensive - possibly close to £100 of extra costs
so if I bought the ebay battery linked too above & had it reshipped its probably close to £300 in total assuming everything went smoothly

I also got a qoute for recelling that was £375 (with increase capacity) so I need to decide which option I prefer - currently I am thinking pay for the recell as it seems the simpler option with less to go wrong -the company in question has mostly good reviews i.e. https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.insatinternational.com?stars=1&stars=5

its rather frustrating though with yosepower selling the battery for £192 on ebay which is almost half the cost of recelling

does anybody know if it would be possible to disconnect the existing battery & use a completely different battery with the same voltage / current ? - will the smart BMS cause problems ? - if so what that would entail from a DIY point of view

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Hang tight a week or so, its been a turbulent week or so for yose, another member reported receiving a recall notice from ebay for the yose kit he bought via them, which also started folk speculating.
I suspect they are just holding off with any possibly sensitive sales in good faith to regulators? if not actually under a ban? Until some aspect that is under scrutiny is clarified???

seems it may have something to do with offering a 350w kit?

I am just guessing here, but since most folk seem to have positive experiences with yose products Once whatever the issue is is sorted i would expect business as usual, btw the link in ops 1st post allows me to start a paypal transaction to buy atm?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
does anybody know if it would be possible to disconnect the existing battery & use a completely different battery with the same voltage / current ? - will the smart BMS cause problems ? - if so what that would entail from a DIY point of view
According to member @egroover here it'd seem it's only using the smart part to show battery %, so in theory you probably could change the battery to any 2-wire generic one... except IIRC the crossfire-e controller (Suntour) is potted in the battery dock.

Advertisers