Replacing Battery with weird 4 prong connections F4W

ALISTAIRKEV

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Hello all!
Im trying to repair a F4W Peak Ebike with a missing battery. Its difficult because the inner 2 pins on the 4 prong connections seem to call for something other than just +ve and -ve.

Ive connected the outer 2 prongs and gotten the display to light up, but the motor won't run.
The product specs explain that it has battery temperature functionality, so my assumption is that its not working with only the outer prongs as it assumes the battery is the wrong temperature.
If this is the case ill probably have to replace the controller, or maybe reprogram it to not care about temperature?
Or am I wrong to assume this and should I just connect these pins together and see what happens?

ALISTAIRKEV

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2021
It would have been better to show where the yellow and green wires go and what's under that insulating tape.
Ah yes! And more mysteries come up. The yellow and green go into a 3 prong connector and then out comes a red wire that seems to come from nowhere?

This set of cabling goes to the controller but on the opposite side to the battery's red and back cables.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It looks like your controller has comms to the battery, so you can only fit the same or a compatible battery. If it were my bike, I'd chuck the controller and everything that's attached to it apart from the motor, then replace it all with a KT controller kit from topbikekit, which would give you complete control over everything and you can fit any battery you want. You have the option of going up to 48v if you want more speed or power.

Reactions: Chilebridge

Advertisers