Request for help for a gent with a Brain Tumour

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
Hi guys,
As the regulars here will see, I am not one of those regulars myself, though have ben a member for a year or so.
I am not sure if this sort of post is allowed, I did briefly check the T&C's page and did not see anything....so here goes

On my way to work to day I spoke with a guy that I have nodded to and had the odd conversation with on the cycle path on the way to work over the past few years.

Turns out he has a brain tumour that is near where the spinal cord joins and they can't operate, and he has maybe 18 months to live.
He is no longer allowed to drive his car due to this.

He has a family and although he has some insurance money coming in he does not want to go spending it all on himself, as he want to keep it for his family and kids when he is gone.

He already has a 'Go' bike (which I believe is a folder, but he has ridden mine (Xlyte 5304, 84 volt 100 amp 40 + MPH downhill MTB ) and woudl love something with a bit more 'pep' than the standard UK road bikes. He asked me about building him a bike...I said yes i would , no problem. Apart from the fact i am a little short of parts

Just wondered if any one out there in the UK could help me out with the odd part or two.

He does not need a 'super bike like mine, 25 to 30 mph is more than adaquate..maybe a geared motor to reduce pedal drag if he has to pedal it.

So I am on the lookout/scrounge on his behalf for stuff like
Motor..any will do I can lace it up if need be
Controller.. 6 or 12 fet just fine
throttle....brake switch?
CA??? even an old one..or some form of battery protection
even a used but passable battery pack...LifePO4 or the odd LiPo pack.
Maybe a charger of some sort depending on what pack I manage to build up.
Anything else that may come in useful on the build.

Bike hardware I have plenty, just the main e-bike bits that I am on the lookout for.

I do not live in the UK, but have a UK postal / delivery address and am often in the Southampton or Exeter area.

If I end up with more parts than I need I will e-bay or otherwise re sell the parts and donate any money raised to out local hospice

Thanks for taking the time to read my waffle

mnay thanks

Neil

Advertisers