Revos kit purchased

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
My Revos kit arrived today, its fitted ready to test tomorrow.. Its been nailed to a Ridgeback hybrid cycle I've owned a short while, purchased second hand. The bike is really good and freewheels easy.. Nice light bike for such a kit. Its only for use on hills/headwind otherwise it will be turned off. I expect tyre wear ect, but that offset is ok with me. I can swap to other bikes readily if needed. My area is more very long inclines so I think this kit will be just right. I see Revos has just launched a new lightweight ebike too.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have centre knobbles on your tyre it will be bald within about 300 - 400 miles, I changed my WTB riddler for a Spec pro 2bliss and wear is negligable.

Still loving my Revos mk1 I bought as a kick starter option.
Power delivery is excellent and the ride feel is totally different to my hub driven bikes. Mine is fitted to my 10.5kg gravel bike with 42mm 700c tyres.

A minimalist kit with no display or power levels that delivers smooth power through out it's power range.

Last edited:

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks Nealh yes I have smooth tyre at moment, well smooth ish.. Low tread tyre, I'm going to let it see how it fairs over time, then depends on how quick it wears it out, I go for that pro 2 you recommend in earlier thread.. It really does work well, I'm very pleased so far. I had to tweak position of it so got better adustment with the contact lever adjustment to tyre. I can move it now half turn and it's basically of tyre, so can totally have it free of tyre when I normal bike mode if wanted easily.
It's quiet and just works.. Tried every hill incline around here so far.. Very pleased.
I'm using 700c - 38. Rolls really easy with them at 80psi.
Thanks for replying.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I only go to 40f & 50r psi on road, if off road front is 35.