Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
re-assuringly pricey!
oodles of stealthy good looks though.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Price is reasonable considering its carbon frame and weight, even components on entry level are OK.

Nice having option of mudguards for winter riding and commuting.
Have to agree
I didn’t think it was pricey
I guess we all have different ideas on pricey :)

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
What motor are they using? I might have missed it, but I couldn't see what electric motor they were using in their bikes.
As you say they don't list the details, it looks like the same system as used by Orbea on the gain, I also imagine the frame is going to look slightly different than the ones they're currently showing.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
As you say they don't list the details, it looks like the same system as used by Orbea on the gain,
I thought the same thing, the only thing I don't like about the Orbea system is unlike some other road e-bikes, you cant drop out the motor and battery if you were doing a more or less flat ride.

Capt Sisko

Pedelecer
May 5, 2018
Shropshire
I thought the same thing, the only thing I don't like about the Orbea system is unlike some other road e-bikes, you cant drop out the motor and battery if you were doing a more or less flat ride.
But that's the exact point of bikes like the above and the Gain, you don't need to drop the gubbins out of them. They are designed to be light enough and with quality components so the can still provide you with a good ride with the power turned off or at minimal assistance.

Giant had the right idea but their Road E but made it too heavy, Orbea hit the sweet spot and Ribble will be just one of many following the trend.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
You could replace back wheel and remove motor to have light normal bike. Would want double chainring version or 11spd in this case. Might take half hour to do but should be straight forward.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
An 11kg e-road bike for under £4000 is cheaper than a lot of their competitors. I wonder though if they are using the same motors as Orbea will they have the same problems that Orbea have experienced which could lead to delays in supplying customers with their bikes.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
You could replace back wheel and remove motor to have light normal bike.
Good idea I hadn't actually thought of that. Can you easily remove the battery? I am not sure but I thought I had read somewhere that the battery on Orbea Gain bikes can only be removed by their dealers.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Think I'll have the Ultegra one with a 52 36 chainset, anyone got a spare £3,400 lying about o_O

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Think I'll have the Ultegra one with a 52 36 chainset, anyone got a spare £3,400 lying about o_O
I've just sold my motor bike (hardly used it since I bought an e-bike in May this year), will probably use the money I got for it to buy an e-road bike but will probably wait until next spring.

I like the Fazua system due to its ease of motor and battery removal. I also think (please correct if I am wrong about this) that the Fazua motor is a bit more powerful than the one Ribble and Orbea use.

I live in a very hilly area with many hills over 10% gradient, I can go quite well on the flat but struggle on the hills, so bit worried with the Orbea type motor I might have difficulty to get up some of them.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Yeah, the Fazua would be my choice, based on what I've read
Have you seen an reports on bikes with this type of motor? I don't mean by bike journalists but by actual real customers. I have read several reports by customers with Orbea e-bikes and they have all been very encouraging but I don't think I have seen any with the Fazua type motor.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Have you seen an reports on bikes with this type of motor? I don't mean by bike journalists but by actual real customers. I have read several reports by customers with Orbea e-bikes and they have all been very encouraging but I don't think I have seen any with the Fazua type motor.
I'd obviously want to try both before I considered either of them.