Riese and Müller - Tinker

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
Hi. We are taking possession of our Tinkers in a couple of weeks and looking to put rear panniers on the bikes. Wanting something sturdy, we are looking at the ORTLIEB E-Mate panniers. The sizes are Height 15.4 inch, Width 11.4 inch and Depth 8.3 inch.
I’m not sure of the rack height of the Tinker, so I cannot say if the height of the E-mate makes the pannier too high for a 20” wheel bike!!
Is there a Tinker owner out there using panniers and if so, can you tell us which panniers and sizes being used please. If you have the height of the rack handy, that would be appreciated. If you are using a top box / bag instead, is this because you cannot find a small Paniers and which top box are you using?
Many thanks.

Dan R&M

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2019
Worcester, UK
www.r-m.de
Hi,

Sorry for the slow response, I have just measured the rack on my demo Tinker and it is 23" (585mm) drop, the ORTLIEB are great pannier and should easily fit. The Tinker has a racktime compatible rack, picture attached.

Attachments

dcb568

Pedelecer
Dec 22, 2018
Thank you Dan. We are off to the London bike show on 29/3 and look forwards to visiting the ORTLIEB stand. The bike shop has obtained an ORTLIEB e-mate pannier that looks good and I’m hoping will leave sufficient ground and heal clearance