Riese Muller Delite resale value

aligardner10

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying a Riese Muller Delite Nuvinci with fox upgraded suspension and 2 batteries (lucky me!)

I was wondering what the depreciation on these bikes are typically?

In my mind, spending £6000 on a bike is mental but if I could sell for say £4000 in 3 years time then it makes more sense :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hi end bikes loose the most esp over time as a new one pops out every year but that bike will be limited to ppl that want a bike like that and given the waight of it its going to eat batts to a bike 10kg lighter so after 3 years the batts would need replacing so theirs £1400 gone for a start.

i bought my bike of ebay with 160 miles on it and paid £3500 rrp was £5500 + it had a dropper post fitted.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
For a bike that looks like new, has new tyres, brake pads etc maybe 3,000. That is 20% depreciation per year. Most probably less than that.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I, as a Riese Muller owner, suspect depreciation would be very high as it is with all ebikes unless you can find someone who actually wants one. Its the same with high end cars.. The more you spend the more you lose!
I have just spent £6400 on a Supercharger, and would I buy one at 3 years old for 4K? Not Likely!
Everything moves on.. Just looking at the changes in my bike in just one year.. E-14 electronic gearing and Kiox.. so three years on anyone with 4K to spend with have so many options...
But, its not all bad although SW's comments about weight and battery life do hold water.. I have done about 250 miles on mine and am astounded by how light and menouverable it feels, the steering is light and I can almost ride it to a standstill without wobbling and the riding position is absolutely perfect, in fact it makes my old Scott e-Genius 910 feel heavy and cumbersome by comparison. I can ride it in eco on flatish roads where 2 % of battery took me 7.5 miles and my prefered EMTB mode usually shows me about 80 miles of range, but, Start climbing the big hills and the weight becomes very apparent with a 6 mile ride up ilkley moor zapping 10% of my 1000 watts, but the 15 mile ride home only took another 15% so it ballances out. ( I am riding wounded with a leg injury so not trying too hard..)
I would say get one bought and dont worry about selling it on..

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I have a Riese and Muller Charger which I fully expect to depreciate at least as fast as any other ebike.

In other words, its value will drop like a stone.

Buying any ebike is spending money, not investing it.

My view is anything I can get back for it after a few years is a bonus.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I have a Riese and Muller Charger which I fully expect to depreciate at least as fast as any other ebike.

well you could upgrade it every year with the latest most expensive parts ;)

tho imo a gold rolex would be a better option lol

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Upgrading any bike really is money you will never see again.

Some 'upgrades' can reduce the bike's value because buyers prefer factory spec.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Some 'upgrades' can reduce the bike's value because buyers prefer factory spec.
i dont think there is any factory spec bike id not change the spec on esp the wheels lol.

https://www.enve.com/en/products/m735e/

tho thats the hole point of making a bike to ur spec of parts in the first place which is not a option with ebikes atm.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

My latest purchase is both spending money and an investment.. Its just that the investment in in my health and well being, not in money!