Road Bike Vs Road E-Bike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That one was actually quite interesting. It at least answered the questions people on the forum have been asking for a while.

• Agree
Reactions: Gaz

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
After climbing Ventoux many years ago on holiday, i'd much prefer to do it on an bike with dongle of course. think i'd enjoy the scenery much more and still get a good workout

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
Someone asked me in another thread about fitness, that video shows someone on an E-Bike who is very fit and pedals with strong leg muscles, i want to see a video of someone not so fit, someone with leg issues climbing steep hills on these bikes, that'll help sell them too.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
If you don't have the legs then torque sensing crank drives aren't for you. Going up Alpine / Dolomites climbs like that can easily take over half an hour on an ebike. If you can't sustain 250W from your legs (close to pro territory for that length of time) then your Bosch/ Yamaha isn't going to give you 750W on max power or 500W on the next level down.
I love my Yamaha drive, it gives me exactly what I want (I actually ride it harder tham my MTB according to my heart rate monitor) but its not for everyone.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Someone asked me in another thread about fitness, that video shows someone on an E-Bike who is very fit and pedals with strong leg muscles, i want to see a video of someone not so fit, someone with leg issues climbing steep hills on these bikes, that'll help sell them too.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
to me arthurs cadence seems quite high, id be way back
Arthur's cadence is probably zero, as its a hill!
However as for the people riding the bikes, I'd say their cadence looks pretty decent and around what most people should be aiming for to avoid joint strain and get a decent power delivery.

RoadEman

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2017
Scotland
I have just bought the Giant Road E+ 2 which is virtually the same as the one in the first video apart from drivetrain spec, motor is just the same. Had it for just over three weeks and been commuting every day on it. It is hilly where I live and we get a lot of wind and I have to say this bike is brilliant. I agree you do have to put the effort in and in my case I always have motor in normal mode and try and do the distance as fast as possible thus giving me a really good workout.