road safety with electric cars

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
just wondering when electric cars and other vehicles become the norm the roads might be a more dangerous place for cyclists. I know we are usually as careful as can be but with silent vehicles it might just take a split second of forgetfulness and there we have it.I use a mirror on my bike and i will make sure i still have one when this comes about.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but they will be able to drive them self buy then imo ill just ride in the middle of the road and they can all follow behind me.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but they cant over take me or run me over as computer will say no pmsl by 2050 you will need a permit just to have a crap in ur own bog, then get fined for to much output in one go.

then you will starve as the fridge freezer is locked as had to much food because the bog said so via wifi report and ur dna.

do some coke n take a **** and plod be at ur door as the bog reported it via wfi :rolleyes:

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Some modern petrol and diesel cars are almost silent! I cross a blind pedestrian crossing quite often and it scares me silly because you don't hear them coming before you step out.

If a car comes up behind you it is their responsibility to pass you without putting you in danger. Mirrors help you to see them coming though.

• Agree

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Bought a Zefal Cyclops rear view mirror but not sure if I want to fit it because I'm cycling in hilly woods so much. It may get in the way.