rock shox reverb problem

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

has been bled twice and air up to 250 psi and it still moves like that.

it never moved at all when it was new and also the fast /slow on the remote no longer works and its just fast no matter what you set it at.

top seal is fine as it whould wobble left right back forward if it was gone

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have had it 2 years mind and has never been serviced but the kit to do it is only 8 quid for the seals.

it still goes up and down so can still use it as is but the newer ones seem a lot better tbh.

RECOMMENDED SERVICE INTERVALS • Remote and hose bleed - after 100 hours of riding • Keys, topcap seals, and seal head seal replacement - after 100 hours of riding • Complete seatpost overhaul - after 200 hours of riding

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
i have had it 2 years mind and has never been serviced but the kit to do it is only 8 quid for the seals.

it still goes up and down so can still use it as is but the newer ones seem a lot better tbh.

RECOMMENDED SERVICE INTERVALS • Remote and hose bleed - after 100 hours of riding • Keys, topcap seals, and seal head seal replacement - after 100 hours of riding • Complete seatpost overhaul - after 200 hours of riding
And you are a bit rough with the bike.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its the same for the forks and rear shock tbh but ill do it my self as all 3 will cost 340 quid if i get a shop to do it.:eek:

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
The reverb on my Orange has been faultless for over two years of use and abuse, needing bleeding only once in that time. How the Specialized Command post will fare is yet to be seen. One thing I have done is to zip tie a length of inner tube, split lengthways to the top of the post to try and minimise the amount of muck the seals have to cope with.
Mark

Related Articles

Advertisers