Rockshock reverb seatpost

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have just seen this on offer for £175 which seems a good deal.
Question...
Are they easy to fit with internal cabling? There are different purchase options so which one do I need?
A simple things now looks a bit complex than first thought ...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it should fit if you want the stealth but will need to remove the motor to fit it like on edd bikes.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not really motor comes off in 5 mins if you have the tools.

mine just goes down the top tube to the remote so cable sticks out saddle end.

Reactions: stephen Harvey

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the 1 i have will cost less and be simple to fit if wanting to diy.

not look as nice tho but simple to do :)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
As SW has said, it doesn't take that many minutes to remove the motor if fitting the Stealth version.
Both of my bikes had holes already in the base of the seat post/bottom bracket area, so I was able to run the hose straight through this, then just used the existing holes where the cables run. No drilling, and no hassle.

Both of mine were the 2015 version which were bought at discounted price, and both have a right hand remote that is fitted upside down to the left side of the bars. It keeps the installation much neater and tidier.

Note that I said were fitted with the 2015 version. One of them only lasted about 30 miles before blowing an internal seal. It was replaced immediately under warranty for a 2016, but it was still hassle having to do the job twice.
On the plus side, the 2016 version does feel very refined.

You will need to know your seat post tube diameter and correct length before ordering.

No hose. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
As SW has said, it doesn't take that many minutes to remove the motor if fitting the Stealth version.
Both of my bikes had holes already in the base of the seat post/bottom bracket area, so I was able to run the hose straight through this, then just used the existing holes where the cables run. No drilling, and no hassle.

Both of mine were the 2015 version which were bought at discounted price, and both have a right hand remote that is fitted upside down to the left side of the bars. It keeps the installation much neater and tidier.

Note that I said were fitted with the 2015 version. One of them only lasted about 30 miles before blowing an internal seal. It was replaced immediately under warranty for a 2016, but it was still hassle having to do the job twice.
On the plus side, the 2016 version does feel very refined.

You will need to know your seat post tube diameter and correct length before ordering.
That explains all the different options.. and I am guessing the 45% off is probably a 2015 unit.
I am due a service cum tighten up so will see what they say...
When it stops raining that is

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited:
Reactions: SRS

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant see the cable/hose ;)

Reactions: EddiePJ and Gubbins

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
As SW has said, you can't see the hose or cable depending upon make.

Stealth has the advantage of one less external cable/hose to snag, and looks neater if that that is an issue.

Downside though, comes if the unit has to be repaired/serviced. SW's external routing wins hands down in that respect.

Some dropper posts are also cable operated, which supposedly has the disadvantage of requiring periodic maintenance, but whether that is true or not I have no idea, but suspect that it probably makes very little difference. Cable operated systems, are I think generally cheaper.

If you do take the stealth option, remember to fit a rubber grommet to the hole that the hose passes through.

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think you may have an appropriate cable exit hole in the lower section of the seatpost tube Phil, and the Scott motor covers have a "spare" 3rd hole to run it through....If I remember correctly that is..is it the Genius 920 you have?
Yes that's right. Putting the car away shortly so will have a look..

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
There is a grommet in the seat post tube and also a double one at each side of the head stock area. Both are in use on the left but only one in use on the right on the right. I teased the rubber back and there's a hole there thats not being used.
My obvious question would be.. How the heck do you thread something from one to the other?

Related Articles

Advertisers