Room 101

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Cycle related. Anyone that doesn't carry the basics in relation to carrying out simple repairs to a bike when out cycling, then try to blag help when something goes wrong.

Non cycle related. Anyone that pads out a sentence by using the word 'like'

Just lately we have been very busy looking at universities for my daughter, and it would seem that almost without exception, that no one can string a sentence together without constantly using the word like.

Like non cycle related. Like anyone that pads out a sentence by like using the word 'like'
Just lately we have like been very busy looking at like universities for my daughter, and it would like seem that almost without exception, that like no one can string a sentence together without like constantly using the word like.

This week it has driven me mad, and I came very close to standing up in one of the introduction talks, and tearing one of the student ambassadors to shreds over it. He might of been understandably nervous about standing up to talk in front to a large group of people, but his speech drove me almost mad.

Last edited:

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Cycle related. Anyone that doesn't carry the basics in relation to carrying out simple repairs to a bike when out cycling, then try to blag help when something goes wrong.

Just lately we have been very busy looking at universities for my daughter, and it would seem that almost without exception, that no one can string a sentence together without constantly using the word like.

Like non cycle related. Like anyone that pads out a sentence by like using the word 'like'
Just lately we have like been very busy looking at like universities for my daughter, and it would like seem that almost without exception, that like no one can string a sentence together without like constantly using the word like.

This week it has driven me mad, and I came very close to standing up in one of the introduction talks, and tearing one of the student ambassadors to shreds over it. He might of been understandably nervous about standing up to talk in front to a large group of people, but his speech drove me almost mad.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol

Like chill man, like don't let it get to you like.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
People who use the word 'literally' in all the wrong places.

So, it's like they literally don't like know what literally means.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Pictures of muddy bikes.

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
Hey, like this is literally a long list.......

Incorrect use of apostrophes

Mobility scooters - there are thousands here in summer

Drivers who sweep across the whole side road as they are turning right

Drivers who don't use their mirrors or indicators, again thousands here in summer but fewer in winter

People who say pacifically instead of specifically

People who walk their dogs on extending leads along the cycle trail and block the way

Hey and folk who make long lists of their pet peeves because it doesn't help and life is too short - I should of thought of that first like, literally.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hey, like this is literally a long list.......

Incorrect use of apostrophes

Mobility scooters - there are thousands here in summer

Drivers who sweep across the whole side road as they are turning right

Drivers who don't use their mirrors or indicators, again thousands here in summer but fewer in winter

People who say pacifically instead of specifically

People who walk their dogs on extending leads along the cycle trail and block the way

Hey and folk who make long lists of their pet peeves because it doesn't help and life is too short - I should of thought of that first like, literally.
...And Actually like we need more people to say pacifically , we need to spread the peace around so that we can chill out like

• :D
Reactions: Sarabee

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Those who substitute "have" with "of". Off you go to room 101:p
I remember a long time ago Countdown and Richard Whiteley having fun with this for a while, deliberately using such as "would of" and "could of" provocatively.

Reactions: Sarabee

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
Instruction booklets that begin along the lines of, "Congratulations on your purchase of the Whizzocycle. With care it will give you years of trouble-free e-biking pleasure."

And that bloke on the Skittles advert milking a giraffe and then laughing out loud. What's it all about? It does my fruit in somehow. Puts me off Skittles!

Reactions: Sarabee and Woosh

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Instruction booklets that begin along the lines of, "Congratulations on your purchase of the Whizzocycle. With care it will give you years of trouble-free e-biking pleasure."

And that bloke on the Skittles advert milking a giraffe and then laughing out loud. What's it all about? It does my fruit in somehow. Puts me off Skittles!
... Especially when said instruction leaflet is with a package of floor taks

Advertisers