S-Cross CB Error Code Bingo

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Today's Error code is Error Code 9.
"Display Communication Error" according to the manual.

Checked the wiring looms over, all seem ok. Anyone any thoughts on sorting this one out?
This is the worst game of bingo I've ever played. I really don't want to collect all the error codes.

D

Deleted member 4366

Can you summarise what you've already had? Maybe they're all related.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
I'll come clean. "Error code bingo" isn't a fair way to describe it. This is the first time the display has shown a proper error code. I'm more venting that once again there is a problem with this bike following:
Broken frame
Spokes issues
Intermittent cut out (due in part to insecure battery connector and controller shunt mod drawing too high a current)

Written down that doesn't look like much, but every time I think I've sorted a niggle a new on pops up.

I've had a period of recent stability riding the bike on my normal commute. I've not got round to measuring the watts produced yet and have simply been content that it has been running fine in "normal" mode for the time being.

D

Deleted member 4366

That message can be caused by a lot of things. The two cpus communicate with each other via the tx and rx wires in the LCD cable. They also need the ground wire in that cable. I think that if the 5v bus voltage was compromised somewhere, that could also cause it. That could be from water in the throttle or PAS or something like that, or any short on the 5v line. more common causes would be damage to the LCD cable or wires pulled on the LCD or maybe a broken solder joint on the LCD where the wires attach.

Reactions: DBye

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Ok thanks will give it closer inspection when I can. On way in I tried disconnecting the brake sensors and throttle but kept receiving the error.

There are a couple of points on the frame where the cable rubs (some useless rubber grommets are provided but they never sit in the required place for long). I'll check there first.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
This issue dissapear for a few weeks then came back early last week. I took it back to Oxygen. They diagnosed it as a controller error. New controller (£58ish) fitted and I'm back on the road.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
I've not updated this for a while. Error code 9 still is an issue. I had another new controller around Christmas 2018 too. Had the return of error code 9 a few weeks ago, but this has been down to a damage battery/controller connected (internal apparently).

The bike is nearly new, in the sense that the following have been changed due to upgrade or failure:
Frame
Rear wheel rim/spokes
Saddle
Cassette/chain/crankset
Gear shifters
Brake handles
Controller
Harness
Handlebars and grips (originals too long to fit through k barriers easily, grips wore through)
Front forks
Seatpost (upgraded to NCX)
Battery revelled by insat

The motor, display, hub motor, front wheel, and rack are original though.

The bike is feeling increasingly unrealiable. Is this due to age/use, but then again so much has been replaced it is nearly new!

Spotted the NCM Moscow Plus

Seems v.similar to the SCross mountain bike but main difference bus that it's a 48v system. Time to buy new?

Advertisers