S12s cruise control _ How to disable it?

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Evening all,
My Bpm2, S12S controller & Lcd3 display arrived this morning :) and I've got it all fitted & working.

As I'll be using the bike solely for offroad, mainly singeltrack, the last thing I need is to carry-on over the summit of a big climb with the throttle stuck wide open; which is what happens when the cruise control engages after a few seconds of constant-rate throttling!
Problem is, I don't seem to be able to disable this feature: I've tried changing C7 in the display parameters, but cruise still engages _ I'm obviously missing something, so can anyone suggest a cure?

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
As simple as that?

I've been looking for information on the 2 pairs of looped/connected wires not mentioned in the diagram I downloaded from Bmsb, so I'll nip out & disconnect each in a mo _ Need a cuppa first!

I must be getting senile _ Can't get the search facility on here to cough-up, even though I know this has been mentioned before.

Need more sleep... :oops:

Thanks D8veh

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Just a note of caution for those, like me, who are a tad challenged in the thinkng dept...

Disconnecting the blue cruise wire at the controller does, indeed, disable the cruise function, But it remains enabled until you switch off the controller _ Switch off, switch back on & all will be well.

eHomer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2012
..... the last thing I need is to carry-on over the summit of a big climb with the throttle stuck wide open; which is what happens when the cruise control engages after a few seconds of constant-rate throttling!......
I find the cruise function really handy, being able to "rest" at a walking pace without needing to hold the twist grip or pedal slowly, (so I can stand on the pedals and take the weight off my bum for a few yards !)

It was a bit disconcerting when it first kicked in at max throttle, but I prefer to leave it enabled and just instantly cut it off with a minute pull on the brake lever. (without actually braking).

D

Deleted member 4366

You can put a momentary switch on the blue wires. When you push the switch, cruise is instantly engaged at the present throttle setting without having to hold it for 5 secs. When you press it again, cruise is disengaged and deactivated.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I find the cruise function really handy, being able to "rest" at a walking pace without needing to hold the twist grip or pedal slowly, (so I can stand on the pedals and take the weight off my bum for a few yards !).
Yes, I use the thumb throttle for that on the road bike:
But singletrack is a whole different world :oops:

I took the freshly motorised bouncer round the Beast of Bodmin today - 12 km of blue-verging-on-red grade singletrack, with some super-tight switchbacks, both climbing & descending: Believe me, that's no place to forget you've left cruise engaged! :eek: