Saying Hello

Bles31

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2020
Hello there,
I’ve watched this forum on and off for a while and it seems to me I should do the decent thing and register. I live in Cumbria, retired and have a Carrera Vulcan which has served me well for 2000 miles. I occasionally consider upgrading but the Vulcan keeps bashing on. My daughter is looking at Ebikes (starting with a Kalkhoff passed on by her mother) and keeps asking hard questions so I thought I’d better get more involved. Hopefully I will be able to help others as well as get help.
Best wishes to you all.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi there, like you I am 2000 mls in with a Carrera Crossfuse and thinking of upgrading but not sure what would be better as the Crossfuse is so capable and the Bosch Activeline plus a joy to ride.

Bles31

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2020
Thanks both. Yes Amoto, I think the Carrera bikes are ok - mine gets a bad press because of cutting out issues, but it’s never been a significant problem. Touch wood!

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Thanks both. Yes Amoto, I think the Carrera bikes are ok - mine gets a bad press because of cutting out issues, but it’s never been a significant problem. Touch wood!
I had a Crossfire before the Crossfuse which I returned due to cutting out problems(great bike otherwise) and I also have a Wisper 905 which is excellent. I reckon I have narrowed my next bike down to 2 choices either a Wisper Wayfarer or a Forme Alport HTE Urban.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes