Schwinn UK Distributors ?

Robert

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 20, 2007
Torque V Synergie Mistral

Hi

This is a response to a fairly old post by "Mattyduck" on 2 Feb anyway I hope you get this.

I owned a Synergie Mistral and enjoyed the bikes performance, however last month I purchased a Torque.

I know the Torque costs twice as much as the Mistral, however in this life you get what you pay for. The difference in performance between the 2 is nothing short of remarkable.

To cut a long story short - buy the Torque not the Mistral.

I live in Scotland, a hilly country - de facto - the torque suits me fine on our hills - but then I don't mind hammering those pedals now and again:D

From your posts the Torque is the bike for you.

Robert

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
thanks the replies. definitely go for the torque then, once I've saved up enough. In the meantime, I've just spent a £100 on a new battery for my extreme, which will hopefully last me another 6 months

Mike Robinson

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2007
Just as an aside - I'm sure the line up of these bikes in the US has changed just recently as there now 3 bikes and all with prices.

The thing that caught my eye was the shaft drive rather than chain (on the Continental) - I've never heard of shaft drive on bikes before. I used to have a number of shaft drive motorbikes and quite liked them but the motoring press allways used to complain about the weight. Wouldn't it be the same issues, if not more so, for a bicycle or would the reliabilty offset this?

Theres no mention of the motor used or overall weight but from looking at them they only seem to be missing a set of standard LED lights and a set of protanium tyres to be up with the best of them.

Mike

ps the missing protanium tyres was noted by flecc first.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Hi mike
they do seem impressive lets hope there will be a uk dealer selling them looking at pictures and specs they seem to tick most boxes as you said there was no spec on the bikes weight lets hope its under 20 kilos as for the shaft drive i think flecc might know some more on that.nigel