SeaGo City Lite folder - reviews anyone?

Easy Rider

Just Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Dunno if I qualify as a seasoned e-biker, but I've clocked up 6,000 miles on my Batribike Dash. It's a nice little fold-up workhorse and I caught the last model that featured a manual throttle. Very handy on hills and at the traffic lights.

However, the rim of the 20" back wheel has just collapsed and Batribike no longer have spares for this older model(!) What's more, it was designed to a nonstandard size(!!) and a replacement is so far proving impossible to get hold of. It makes me wary (and angry) and I wonder if availability of compatable spares is a problem with E-Bikes generally?

So moving on, I'm now looking to buy a replacement and am considering the new SeaGo City Lite folder at £850/899 - currently reduced from £999. Overall, it looks a lot like the Coyote Connect and the Carrera Crosscity, but with far better specs including front and rear disc brakes, front fork suspension, in-frame 10.5 battery, and rear hub motor. It's the only bike produced by SeaGo Yatching and no doubt proves a useful accessory for boat people when they dock and want to explore the locale or do the shopping.

Is anyone here familiar with this bike - the SeaGo City Lite folder?

I haven't found any independent reviews or user comments. Any feedback would be most welcome.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
I’m no help with your quest but good luck and hope you find what your looking for :)

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I have the original red Seago ePower folding bike which is now 3.5 years old, has clocked up several thousand miles, 1 puncture and is still running on its 8.8Ah original Samsung battery. Used in a hilly area on the Welsh borders, its range is now down to about 20 miles or so from about 35 when new. Several people have visited to look at mine, bought one themselves and been very happy with it, as I am myself.

The later Seagos have been upgraded with a larger battery, chunkier tyres, front suspension and 5 power levels rather than just the three which mine has.

I would happily buy the same again and from the same supplier, ie Pirates Cave.

Reactions: marc4242

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Easy Rider don`t give up on your Batribike , my Batribike Quartz suffered the same fate after 8 years and similar mileage . An Ebike/Cycle Shop obtained a new wheel and a more suitable 7 speed derailleur set for £95 . A firm on Ebay does a suitable wheel for about £30 and you could also get a wheel rim for £20 and lace the original spindle into it . I bought a mid drive 28 in . wheel replacement and it flies up hills but I miss the manoeuverability and small size of the Folder, even if it requires a lot more effort . My Folder is now back on the road after replacing the derailleur arm and chain . The chain I purchased for the Tourney only has 116 links , about 5 short on the original and the arm now sits at an angle equivalent of 25 past the hour instead of 25 to the hour . Whether this is the reason for the chain coming off I don`t know , but it never came off before .

wattonrunner

Just Joined
Jun 7, 2020
I have purchased two City lite bikes and found them very good but not without minor faults. The battery connection prongs are vulnerable to being bent when Transporting a folded bike. The power lead to the motor is very easily Disconnected when folding the bike. Quality control at manufacturing is not 100% as there are differences in the support of the power cable using zip tie

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Why don't you get your motor wheel rebuilt or even do it yourself? As always, you guys never say where you are, so we can't point you at someone that can do it for you.