Seago motor !

LauraM

Just Joined
May 23, 2022
Hi !
I use my Seago to do the school run every day and this morning there was a huge delay on the power kicking in (up a hill typically !).
For the rest of the journey the power didnt come on after the usual half turn of the pedals but rather would just randomly power up after manually pedalling for a little while.
This is causing me a huge problem as the bike is very heavy and to pedal manually takes an enormous amount of energy (which I dont have !) and effort.

Does anyone know if this is a quick fix or is it going to be a trip to the bike repair shop ?

Thanks in advance

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the bike is a hub motor drive and uses a generic type pas (magnet disc /sensor) then likely the issue is a fault with it. Usually the fault is easy to rectify and probably something has moved or been knocked out of position.
The disc is located at/behind the front chain wheel or might be on the non drive side and easily visible.
The fault is often a loose magnet disc (often means it isn't fixed securely on the crank axle and can be turned around the axle manually) or the gap between the sensor and magnet disc has moved (typically this gap needs to be approx. 1mm.

One should be able to check both of the above very easily.
If the former then one needs to prevent the disc from rotating moving on its own, if the latter the gap can simply be closed up by pushing/bending the sensor nearer or making sure the magnet disc is set firmly in place as close to the sensor as possible.

Advertisers