Seat post

Lizt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 14, 2020
Hi I am hoping to buy an 806 soon. Still not entirely sure whether to go for a Torque or SE.
I would possibly need to replace the seat post. What size Suntour SP12 NCX would fit this bike?
Also is it still the case I could use the throttle to engage cadence mode if needed?

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Hi I am hoping to buy an 806 soon. Still not entirely sure whether to go for a Torque or SE.
I would possibly need to replace the seat post. What size Suntour SP12 NCX would fit this bike?
Also is it still the case I could use the throttle to engage cadence mode if needed?
Hi Lizt,
I bought a 905 Torque back in July, and love it. With regard to your last query I believe it is possible to over ride the torque sensor by using the throttle and the cadence sensor takes over but I'm not certain as I have never yet used the throttle! In fact I have taped over the throttle/bar grip junction to avoid any water ingress. I just use the torque sensor. I do have a Suntour NCX seat post and it went in as a straight swap; just be sure you get the correct diameter! Its like riding an armchair. Enjoy! Wisper are great to deal with and if you phone or email them I am sure you will get all the advice you need. I posted a 1000 mile review of the 905 Torque in early November in the review section.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Phil.

Hi Liz,

The seat post diameter on the latest 806s is 30.9mm

Phil is correct re the torque sensor. The throttle overrides it and the bike effectively becomes a cadence controlled bike. The throttle is used to regulate the help you get from the motor, so fully open it will give you the highest level of assistance, you simply need to keep the pedals moving forward.

All the best, David

Lizt

Jun 14, 2020
Hi Lizt,
I bought a 905 Torque back in July, and love it. With regard to your last query I believe it is possible to over ride the torque sensor by using the throttle and the cadence sensor takes over but I'm not certain as I have never yet used the throttle! In fact I have taped over the throttle/bar grip junction to avoid any water ingress. I just use the torque sensor. I do have a Suntour NCX seat post and it went in as a straight swap; just be sure you get the correct diameter! Its like riding an armchair. Enjoy! Wisper are great to deal with and if you phone or email them I am sure you will get all the advice you need. I posted a 1000 mile review of the 905 Torque in early November in the review section.
Thank you Phil that is very useful info.I think I have read your review. I have just arrived home with my 806 T!
The saddle is actually quite comfy so will see how it goes before spending any more money!

Lizt

Jun 14, 2020
Thanks Phil.

Hi Liz,

The seat post diameter on the latest 806s is 30.9mm

Phil is correct re the torque sensor. The throttle overrides it and the bike effectively becomes a cadence controlled bike. The throttle is used to regulate the help you get from the motor, so fully open it will give you the highest level of assistance, you simply need to keep the pedals moving forward.

All the best, David
Thank you for your prompt reply David. As above just arrived home with my 806 T from Axcess Bikes at Honiton who could not have been more helpful.
After a test ride I preferred the torque so went with that despite my aged limbs! The info re the throttle will be helpful at times. Now looking forward to a dry spell to try it out.
It does look very lovely!

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
Thank you Phil that is very useful info.I think I have read your review. I have just arrived home with my 806 T!
The saddle is actually quite comfy so will see how it goes before spending any more money!
Wow! Query at 9 o clock, bike bought by 3 o clock!! Whats it like to be so decisive? Have a great time on the new steed. You will enjoy it. Should you decide to get a NCX seat po...(Oh!, you have done it already.....) , there was a deal going on ebay recently £52.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thank you for your prompt reply David. As above just arrived home with my 806 T from Axcess Bikes at Honiton who could not have been more helpful.
After a test ride I preferred the torque so went with that despite my aged limbs! The info re the throttle will be helpful at times. Now looking forward to a dry spell to try it out.
It does look very lovely!
Brilliant news, please let me know how you get on LIz!

Thanks for your custom, we really appreciate your choosing a Wisper.

All the best, David

Lizt

Jun 14, 2020
Wow! Query at 9 o clock, bike bought by 3 o clock!! Whats it like to be so decisive? Have a great time on the new steed. You will enjoy it. Should you decide to get a NCX seat po...(Oh!, you have done it already.....) , there was a deal going on ebay recently £52.
I have been pondering all this since the beginning of the pandemic! Always stressful to spend so much money on myself especially since accident meant retirement. Wisper bikes are hard to find so I had to move rather quickly. I don’t think I will regret the decision however scary!

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
This is a good thread to read SUNTOUR NCX.
Also another tip is if you have other bikes you may wish to interchange the NCX, it would pay to buy an NCX with a seatpost diameter that will fit all of them and use a shim for the bigger diameters.

• Agree
Reactions: D C and Lizt

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
NCX are also sold in different lengths which can be relevant if you're above or below average height or using a particularly small frame.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Great choice!
I have much the same style of bike, a Woosh Rambletta. They're brilliant fun, I never thought I'd use the folding frame malarkey but it's already come in useful putting it in the boot of the car.
Smaller wheels have pros and cons, they don't keep momentum as well as bigger wheels but they definitely make the bike feel much more fun to ride!

Be great to read some feedback once your put a few miles on it, see how you like it.

Enjoy your new bike!!!

Reactions: Lizt

Lizt

Jun 14, 2020
Great choice!
I have much the same style of bike, a Woosh Rambletta. They're brilliant fun, I never thought I'd use the folding frame malarkey but it's already come in useful putting it in the boot of the car.
Smaller wheels have pros and cons, they don't keep momentum as well as bigger wheels but they definitely make the bike feel much more fun to ride!

Be great to read some feedback once your put a few miles on it, see how you like it.

Enjoy your new bike!!!
I will definitely post when I have done a few miles. The weather is rather against me at the moment as I don’t feel confident enough to venture out on wet roads. I wonder how good the small wheels are in the rain.
My bike doesn’t have the saddle with a handle on the back. I would like to be able to wheel it forward while folded and wonder how easy this is to do without the handle.
At the moment I am busy researching bike locks and insurance!

Advertisers