Selling my Kalkhoff ....£795

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
To give it it's full title... It's a "Sahel Premium i360 Harmony" It is exactly 12 months old, supposedly with a further year on the warranty which I think 50 Cycles would honour....
....cost me £1650....I've done 3000 miles and charged the battery 80 times...less than 10% of expected life.
No damage or major scratches ...fitted with two Schwalbe Marathon plus Tour tyres.
Flecc's formulae valued it at £1188 .... accept £795 ..collect from Wakefield or courier for extra £30

cheers.....Mike

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Sounds like a very good price. Is that one of the Impulse 1s they were selling off at a discount last year?

How come you’re moving it on so soon? Didn’t you like it?

BTW a picture would be a good idea and helps a lot if you want to generate some interest.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Cheers John...It has an impulse 1 motor and was certainly discounted at £1650 when I bought it last August. Most of Kalkhoff's bikes are discounted,
I think the leading entry model is now is the PC 9 but I chose mine because of the much better battery range at 150 miles in eco
as opposed to the 9 at 75 miles.... the 9 has only an 11.5ah battery whereas mine has a 17ah giving it twice the range,
At the time this seemed like a huge benefit.

Just looking for a change, when you don't smoke or drink and don't drive a car It becomes a challenge on what to spend your money on :)

If anyone is interested I'll try post pictures but I find it difficult and Pedelecs
don't make it easy.

.....Mike

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I don’t think I ever saw the step through version for sale on the 50 Cycles pages. Not new anyway. There are lots of models they don’t import. I would imagine it’s the crossbar one, and I remember seeing them being sold off at a discount at the time he bought it..

But on another thread he says he may keep it so best to PM him and find out.

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
I don’t think I ever saw the step through version for sale on the 50 Cycles pages. Not new anyway. There are lots of models they don’t import. I would imagine it’s the crossbar one, and I remember seeing them being sold off at a discount at the time he bought it..

But on another thread he says he may keep it so best to PM him and find out.
Good points. If I email him and it is the crossbar one I'll also offer to post up the photos..

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi.....It is the crossbar one, in fact it is the exact model that JohnCade linked to, thanks John, only problem is I'm having trouble with a few loose spokes,
Daren't tighten them in case wheel goes out of true,
50 Cycles says there's a flat spot on the rim, not covered under warranty.
Still riding it every day, now done 3700 miles, rides great, I'll knock off £100 to cover new rim.
Cheers....Mike

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Hi.....It is the crossbar one, in fact it is the exact model that JohnCade linked to, thanks John, only problem is I'm having trouble with a few loose spokes,
Daren't tighten them in case wheel goes out of true,
50 Cycles says there's a flat spot on the rim, not covered under warranty.
Still riding it every day, now done 3700 miles, rides great, I'll knock off £100 to cover new rim.
Cheers....Mike
Can’t say fairer than that. It really is a stonking bargain.

Reactions: Mike63

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi again....I'd just like to add.
Little more than a month ago, Flecc's formulae valued it at £1188
.....Mike

Reactions: jonathan75

thirteen

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
West Sussex
Thanks for the update Mike. As it has a crossbar it's unsuitable for my current needs (or rather Mrs 13's) but the offer stands to host and post up the photos if you want to email them to me.

Parryo

Just Joined
Sep 13, 2015
I'm new to this malarkey, hope what I'm doing makes sense. Can you please let me know the current price?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I think Mike has taken into account the higher than average mileage.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Earlier in the thread I said it was fitted with a 17ah battery, It is actually fitted with a 15ah battery, can't see that it matters, more than enough range at 150 in eco and over 50 miles in the power setting.
Flecc's formulae recently put the value at £1188 so at the current selling price of £695 this bike represents extremely good value.
Looks like I'll be running it til' the spring when I'll put it on Ebay.

Reactions: trex

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Have you thought of putting it on 50 Cycles second hand pages? Many of those bikes are very overpriced and this should sell easily. there. This is not a very good place to sell things really unless you’re practically giving them away. It’s quite a small forum. The evil eBay does reach a lot of people and you will get a good bit more for it there. More than enough to cover the rip off fees.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I can't believe that you still have the bike Mike. At the price, they should be queuing up!

Perhaps if it had a throttle, was easily de-restricted to pull 40mph and could climb Everest without pedalling........

eBay, as you have suggested, might be a better bet although you may need to offer courier delivery.

Best of luck,

Tom