Seriously!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks like an honest mistake on their part and the wrong controller has been sent with wrong connector so surely better to air any grievance with them first before belly aching about it on an open forum. To test that their CS is good surely it is better to sort any issue however annoying with them first before you create an air of mistrust or bad feeling.
Not the route I would have used to start with.

P.s,
What's the XT90 is it one you have fitted to get the battery connection eventually or one you are contemplating using ? I would let Panda send me the correct controller with fitting as it looks like a water proof fitting.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

By compatible, they mean that the battery is suitable for that application. It's absolutely normal to have to put connectors on batteries and controllers when you fit a kit, or better still, just solder the wires together. You need to adjust the length anyway, so it's no big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: mw1 and Fordulike

Russ102

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Bristol
They got back to me and said that the new battery comes with different connectors. So they are sending me out new converters.

P.S

I had massive amount of problems with a previous electric bike company and they got me to sent out for warrenty didn't sort it out even though the kit was not in working order. So this is why I put a post on this forum because I spend a lot of money so obviously I was pissed right off!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Totally agree with everyone's comments above. In this era of 'plug and play' simplicity, unfortunately electric bike kits still require the odd tweaking, even if quoted as 'plug and play'.

If you end up having to buy a soldering iron and connectors, the soldering iron will be an investment, as you're bound to need to use it at some stage throughout your electric bike's life.

I do understand your frustration though :oops:

Last edited:

Advertisers