should I change to a sinewave controller

digiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2016
salisbury
I am fed up with the loud whine that comes off the motor. Should I change to a sinewave controller, if so, which one?

D

Deleted member 4366

Which motor? Sensored or sensorless? Which bike?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I am fed up with the loud whine that comes off the motor. Should I change to a sinewave controller, if so, which one?
Post a bit more info on your bike set up, so we can help you.

Current controller details, motor, voltage etc..., as well as your DIY abilities.

Edit: Dave just beat me to it lol.

digiman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2016
salisbury
Post a bit more info on your bike set up, so we can help you.

Current controller details, motor, voltage etc..., as well as your DIY abilities.

Edit: Dave just beat me to it lol.
Hi again, below is all the info I have, The complete kit was bought from electricbikeconversions.co.uk in Datchworth UK. The battery is a 13AH unit and I do have reasonable DIY skills. Does this help?
Tks

Conversion Kit Specification:

Rated Power – 250w

Nominal Voltage – 36v

Technology – Brushless Geared Motor

RPM – 100 – 235

Max Torque – 15N.m

Efficiency – 80%

Hall Sensor – Yes

D

Deleted member 4366

That's most likely already a sine-wave controller, but we need details of what you've actually got. All that above doesn't mean anything, neither does the link work. IIRC, the code on the controller that starts with the manufacturer's initials (KT in your case) has some clue about whether it's square or sine wave.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I know I will be soundly beaten by the crew here if wrong, but the planetary gears of your motor may be the culprit. Changing the controller may not help. It have put a sine wave controller in a non sine wave bafang powered bike and it made no difference in the sound once up to speed in its different speed settings. The sine wave controller did produce a softer start up which is what the owner wanted.

Cheers (be nice :) )

Advertisers