Sine Wave Controller help.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
The last bit of my project turned up (PSWPower 48V 350W Sine Wave Controller) and having installed it my bike runs “rougher” than with the previous square wave controller when below 12mph, above 12mp it is smooth.

It propels the bike fine, and the power levels are great (PAS 1= 100w – PAS 5 = 750w) which suit me fine.

Motor is a Bafang BFSWX02 hub and I have a 10AH battery, the controller is the KT-LCD6.

I am going to spend the evening going through the P+C settings but if anyone has any pointers I would be grateful.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I have bought three of these PSWPower sine wave controllers, and one was no good, while the other two worked fine. The bad one just ran rough at all speeds under load. Worked great when just spinning the motor.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
I have bought three of these PSWPower sine wave controllers, and one was no good, while the other two worked fine. The bad one just ran rough at all speeds under load. Worked great when just spinning the motor.
Thank you for that, i worked through the settings last night and nothing made any difference so I will presume that I have got one of the "duff" ones. It's the first time I have purchased from abroad, what had stopped me before was what happens if I get a problem :(

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
But just in case I have got it wrong can anyone confirm if these are the correct settings from the attached spec:

P1 = 100 (20 Magnet poles x 5 for the 1:5 reduction)
P2 = 6 (for the 6 pulses per signal)

Attachments

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
If those worked with the square wave controller, I would think they must be OK. You're getting the correct speed displayed?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Are you certain the SWX is hall sensored motor and has 8/9 pin motor connector.
Doubly check the motor connector is up to the line and fully inserted.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
C2 is the motor phase parameter try running it in the 8 settings,
0 is usually default.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Thanks Nealh, I'll go through the C2 settings and double check the connections tonight, It certainly has the Julet 9 pin connector but i don't know if that makes it Hall sensored (picture below if that helps identify)

One thing I did see last night is that this motor has a white cable from it, whereas my previous one did not - i will connect that up as well.

Harry - Checking it I am fairly sure the speed is not correct, it seems to be reading too high so that could be an issue as well.

Attachments

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
The LCD3 would throw up an error code 03 and the motor wouldn't spin if it had no hall sensors.

I was just wondering if your speed happened to be 6X faster, as it's related to the 6 you're using for the pules/rev on the speed sensor. Since it is not, then P2 is correct.

By the way, I recently sorted out a noise/vibration issue that suddenly appeared on my second sine wave controller. It would whine and the frame would buzz above 14 mph. I tightened all the nuts on the rear rack plus retorqued the axle nuts. Now it's very quiet.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Nealh - I have checked the motor connector and that was seated okay. Having gone through the C2 settings (it was on 1) 0 and 5 give the best ride, with 0 just a fraction better - it is about the same as the previous Square Wave controller now so I can live with that :)

Harrys - The speed issue was only a bit out, and that was because i had the wheel diameter set wrong :rolleyes:. But there is no 27.5" as an option so I have gone for 28" knowing it will be a little out, but i don't really worry about the mph so its no issue - i also did go over all the nuts and bolts to check they were tight!

Thanks guys :D